iTunes without QuickTime

ajua

How were you able to extract itunes.msi from the switchless installer? 7zip didn't recognize it as an archive.

Just browse the installer file with 7-Zip and right-click on it. Then select Open Inside and you should be able to see the contents of my file.

After that, you can extract the file(s) you want by drag&drop and using the Extract button.

I tested with 7-Zip 4.65, BTW.

I'm an id***. Had a partial download :\

Edited by RHPT

Ajua,

After I install your switchless installer and start iTunes, I get the error: "The Program can't start because webkit.dll is missing from your computer". any idea why this is happening?

When iTunes starts it does NOT start the mobile service automatically like it starts the iPod service. It just complains that the iPhone cannot be managed because the mobile service is not running.
I see your point, but I think that the majority of users have iPods and not iPhones. Having said that, you can sitill use my installer and install Mobile Device Support and set the service to manual to see if iTunes starts it.

No, it does not start it as per my original post.

When iTunes starts it does NOT start the mobile service automatically like it starts the iPod service. It just complains that the iPhone cannot be managed because the mobile service is not running.
I see your point, but I think that the majority of users have iPods and not iPhones. Having said that, you can sitill use my installer and install Mobile Device Support and set the service to manual to see if iTunes starts it.

No, it does not start it as per my original post.

Well, then you need to use the original iTunes installer.

No one has reported problems when using my installers and installing Mobile Device Support separately.

Has anyone had any success installing Mobile Device Support on any other path/drive other than C:\Program Files? Everytime I install it on a differnt drive, iTunes just freaks out.

Maybe iTunes doesn't know how to handle a different installation path for Mobile Device Support.

• 2 months later...

iTunes 9.03 is out.

iTunes 9.0.3 provides a number of important bug fixes, including:

* iTunes no longer ignores your "Remember password for purchases" setting.

* Addresses problems with syncing some Smart Playlists and Podcasts with iPod.

* Resolves a problem recognizing when iPod is connected.

* Addresses issues that affect stability and performance.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ajua,

How do you install AppSupport on a different directory? I tried the INSTALLDIR="D:\Apps\iTunes" switch, but that didn't work.

I don't know because I haven't tried to install it to a different folder. What do you get? An error?

Have you tried to specify a different path?