Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

one windows installation + multiboot drivers possible?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

psychoholoic

psychoholoic
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 16-August 08
Heres what i wanna do, I wanna install windows xp on a usb drive, but to use it for multiple computers, with different hardware of course is there any way to have a boot menu to select which drivers I want loaded for the specific computer I plan on booting in?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Th3_uN1Qu3

Th3_uN1Qu3

Digital sinner

• PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Joined 17-March 08

Heres what i wanna do, I wanna install windows xp on a usb drive, but to use it for multiple computers, with different hardware of course is there any way to have a boot menu to select which drivers I want loaded for the specific computer I plan on booting in?

System Properties -> Hardware -> Hardware Profiles has what you need. ;)
What's the point of security features if we have to disable them for things to work right?

p35-ds3 / e6550 @ 3.5ghz 500fsb scythe mugen / 8gb pqi ddr2 800 @ 1000 / sapphire hd3870 / 320gb wd / x64 / nokia 920c 19"
toshi portege 4010 / p3 tualatin @ 933mhz / 512mb pc133 sdram / 16mb cyberblade / wifi / irda / sd / 30gb ibm / me / 12.1" tft
6bxds / 2x p3 @ 700mhz / 1gb cl2 sdram / sapphire 9800 pro 256mb / awe64 isa / sil3112a pci + 320gb wd / xp / thomson 24" tv

ilko_t

ilko_t

MSFN Addict

• Super Moderator
  • 1,722 posts
  • Joined 06-December 06
Or just include BTS driver packs while installing XP for the hardware you will need (chipset, mass storage, LAN, WLAN...). Upon first boot on new hardware it's a bit slow installing all drivers, but once "trained" on various machines it's fine.
Use the modified NTDETECT.COM too, for the machines with buggy BIOSes.

Edited by ilko_t, 19 August 2008 - 02:57 AM.

Install Windows from USB, boot Linux, multiboot and a lot more with WinSetupFromUSB

Ponch

Ponch

MSFN Junkie

• Patrons
  • 3,287 posts
  • Joined 23-November 05

I wanna install windows xp on a usb drive

This sub-forum is about installing XP from, not on USB. Don't be confused.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users