Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

I hate F6 to install raid drivers!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

estebanf

estebanf
  • 3 posts
Please, does somebody knows why i get this behavior in windows xp setup´_
1.- Boot from the cd
2.- Press F6 to install intel raid drivers
3.- Xp found my drivers on the floppy and recognize the raid volume
4.- Xp format my volume
5.- When It starts copying files it complains that it can't copy iaStor.sys.. But it's on the floppy!!!!!!... and xp loaded it!... It even reads from the floppy but the bastard says that it can't copy the file... WHY!?!?!? :)

I get the same behavior even if i don't configure the raid volume.... I can only install xp if i disable raid at all in the bios...

I know that my post is not about the main topic of this forum, but there's a lot of knowledge here so please forgive me and please help me if you can. Thanks for reading :rolleyes:

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

larciel

larciel

• PipPip
  • 241 posts
same thing happened to me w/ my fasttrak onboard RAID

i followed a guide from MSFN, and added the driver into windows cd. now i don't even need floppy

actually, i'm looking for that guide again.. (forgot the bookmark). will post again if i find it :)

Ypsos

Ypsos

Junior

• Pip
  • 70 posts
Had the same only with another RAID driver

see this Post

czaja74

czaja74

• PipPip
  • 109 posts
It is not floppy fault. It is your installation messed a bit up. I had same problem with SI Raid. I redid my whole unattended install and all ok now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN