Broken CD... Please Help

If you purchased it, you should have the CD key and the COA sticker. Contact Microsoft, they'll likely ask you to provide them proof of purchase via the key and COA sticker, and you should be able to get a new CD.

Contact Microsoft, they'll likely ask you to provide them proof of purchase via the key and COA sticker, and you should be able to get a new CD.
That is if the product is a Microsoft product. If the product is not made by Microsoft (like a Linux variant), it is more likely that the may not be much help.

That is if the product is a Microsoft product. If the product is not made by Microsoft (like a Linux variant), it is more likely that the may not be much help.

If it wasnt a Microsoft product why would they be posting on Microsoft Software Forum Network in the Windows NT4/2000/2003 section?

Did you miss this?

I have a Windows Advanced Server, Limited Edition CD...

That's Windows 2000 for ia64 (Itanium). It *is* a Microsoft product.

If it wasnt a Microsoft product why would they be posting on Microsoft Software Forum Network in the Windows NT4/2000/2003 section?

It may have been done in error.

Did you miss this?

No.

How can you be sure; the original poster did post "you've probably havent heard of it".

@iheartsims:

If the product CD is in CD-like condition (that is, not warped in shape) and data sections of the disc are not completely destroyed, it may be possible to read the disc using a better quality optical drive (perhaps retail (avoid OEM) LG drives). If tthe disc may be fully read, the contents should be backed up. An image file may be created to store the contents of and represent the media backed up. In this case, it would be best to use an image format that does not store the media characteristics. Standard ISO or CDRWin images (.bin/.cue) are recommended.

@iheartsims:

If the product CD is in CD-like condition (that is, not warped in shape) and data sections of the disc are not completely destroyed, it may be possible to read the disc using a better quality optical drive (perhaps retail (avoid OEM) LG drives). If tthe disc may be fully read, the contents should be backed up. An image file may be created to store the contents of and represent the media backed up. In this case, it would be best to use an image format that does not store the media characteristics. Standard ISO or CDRWin images (.bin/.cue) are recommended.

I have a retail drive. Its a Memorex I bought at tigerdirect. Its pretty good quality, or I wouldnt have bought it for 300$ (dont tell my wife!). It cant be read at all. :( It has a bunch of files missing from the i386 folder, and the boot sector. I sont think I can recover it. :no: . It came with a COA sticker, but it wasnt attached to the PC. Thats because I bought the product and CD OEM, seperately, It didnt come with the PC.

Did you miss this?

Nope. Its not Linux, because I wouldnt be asking this if it were linux...why? because I could download it. Yep, so its MS

Edited by iheartsims