nLite for Dummies documentation

WisdomSeeker

I am not a computer novice but am new to creating a bootable install CD. I am using XP Pro and think that I have the SP3 integrated. I was not very aggressive about removing components but did dump a bunch of keyboards and language support. I also did not do alot with Drivers but think that I have the most current DFI LanParty UT nF4 Ultra-D drivers integrated (although it is possible that I have goofed up the SATA drivers as that seemed really confusing).

But I definitely need help with the Unatteneded section. There are so many options and I just am not sure what they all do? So, is there a detailed document that could walk a newbie through all the choices and clearly explain what each choice does??

Thanks for any help that you can provide.

This kinda depends on what you want to do with nLite really since there is so much that can be done with it.

You will need to be more specific on what you are after before we can really help im afraid.

Stoner81

That'd be a tricky one... you'd need DODWipe or DHDW. I'd really try a healthy combination of Billix (a free light linux distro and loader for several tools such as MemTest86) and an nLited install of XP

Not sure what DODWipe or DHDW are, but can you point me to documentation of the Unattended section of nLite so that I can finish creating the install disc for XP?

That'd be a tricky one... you'd need DODWipe or DHDW. I'd really try a healthy combination of Billix (a free light linux distro and loader for several tools such as MemTest86) and an nLited install of XP

Don´t try to create an XP-CD on Vista !

Get rid of Vista first, install XP and framework, just to run nlite.

You shouldn´t be connected to the net, while doing this !

Fernando made pretty good tutorials, how to get rid of preinstalled Vista, as did several others, who I also appriciate.

Agi

Let me try again.

1. I am planning to get rid of Vista. (Will research the tools suggested, but this is not the hard part for me).

2. I would like to load XP once I have gotten rid of Vista.

3. I cannot load XP because I do not have a bootable disc.

4. I have a separate computer that I can use to create a bootable XP disc with nLite.

5. I do not understand what all the options listed in the Unattended section of nLite do/control.

6. I am looking for some documentation of that section (preferably some that is written with the novice user in mind rather than somebody that builds bootable discs for a living).

7. If you can provide a link to such documentation, I would be very much appreciative.

Fernando made pretty good tutorials, how to get rid of preinstalled Vista, as did several others, who I also appriciate.

Agi

Let me try again.

1. I am planning to get rid of Vista. (Will research the tools suggested, but this is not the hard part for me).

4. I have a separate computer that I can use to create a bootable XP disc with nLite.

5. I do not understand what all the options listed in the Unattended section of nLite do/control.

6. I am looking for some documentation of that section (preferably some that is written with the novice user in mind rather than somebody that builds bootable discs for a living).

7. If you can provide a link to such documentation, I would be very much appreciative.

Agi

Hope this helps!

http://wiki.eeeuser.com/howto:nlitexp

This was helpful. Thanks. Unfortunately, the author does not explain the why behind his selections and he does not cover all the bases.

So, I am still looking for an explanation of what all the features/options do.

nLite seems like such a great tool. It is just a shame that there is no explanation of what most of the options actually do.

Let me try again.

Agi

Hope this helps!

http://wiki.eeeuser.com/howto:nlitexp