System Internals Utilities on Win9x

CharlotteTheHarlot

So what is the skin you got there on Win9x? Looks like a cross between Royale Noir and Metallic Shades :thumbup

It is "Watercolor Emico Ergo Blue (Large Taskbar)" by Gelosea, with a small edit to make start menu button match taskbar height. Comes with Revolutions Pack 9

I did not experience any crashing in either scenario when starting ProcExp where IrfanView and RegCompact were already open or where IrfanView was already open.

Version tested:

RegCompact dated 2000-12-01

IrfanView 4.28

ProcExp 11.11

Win98SE.
FWIW, 11.13 seems to work OK with these two apps together, with KernelEx.
I did not experience any crashing in either scenario when starting ProcExp where IrfanView and RegCompact were already open or where IrfanView was already open.

Version tested:

RegCompact dated 2000-12-01

IrfanView 4.28

ProcExp 11.11

Does everyone confirm Win98se v4.10.2222 without KernelEx?

That's what I used. Fresh after reboots. No other programs running. The only other task listed was the Realtek audio.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I wanna be one of the ones to say THANK YOU for keeping the last working copies going!

I love these programs and I am greatful to have the original versions!! (Before MS told mark to change them all) -- Who knows what exactly they did to them besides add an EULA onto them...........

I have these:

Process Explorer - 9.25

TCP/IP Viewer - 2.34

autoruns - 8.31

Filemon - 7.02

Regmon - 7.02

Edited by Dude111

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello guys. I'm a computer tech, and a friend of mine went to me today to ask me to revive an old Win98se computer. I told him i would get a look at it, but I greatly lack of tools to do maintenance of this old operating system. Would someone mind to send me a copy of the last pack of system internals utilities which are working on Win98 ?

And if this person can and accept to send me such a thing, is that ok if i share it around me, for these tools to remain avalaible in multiple places ?

Cheers,

Nexes

@Nexes

MIcrosoft acquired Sysinternals on July 18, 2006, you ONLY *need* previous versions of the Sysinternals utilities to "fix" a Windows 9x system, most of them are available through the Wayback Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.sysinternals.com/

Which you will probably need to use anyway as most of the times the relevant page contains needed or interesting info.

Each specific utility (before the MS takeover) may (or may not) be redistributable, example (readme.txt for PortMon9x):

Terms of Use

------------

This software is provided "as is", without any guarantee made

as to its suitability or fitness for any particular use. It may

contain bugs, so use of this tool is at your own risk. We take

no responsilbity for any damage that may unintentionally be caused

through its use.

You may distribute this program freely in its original unaltered

form. However, you may not distribute this program with or as

part of a commercial release, or within a for-profit organization

without the express written consent of Mark Russinovich.

jaclaz Edited by jaclaz

Thank you Jaclaz for this useful hint,

I didn't know that the wayback machine also stored zip archives.
That will greatly help me with the first post of this thread to get what I need.

I already went a few times on this forum to get some patches and tips for Win9x systems, the job of the community to "maintain" those OSes despite Microsoft "policy" is simply amazing.