Mysterious problem with Network Attached Storage device

Dear forum,

I would like to ask you something about my NAS device(NAS enclosure). If this is not the correct forum, please inform me, on which forum, I can post this topic.

Let me explain you the problem I have. The HDD I have put inside this device, is formatted on FAT32 format, and it contains 12 folders. The one of them, contains about 3500 music files. So, when I try to access this folder, through my LAN, it stucks for a while and I have to wait to access the folder. Also, when I am trying to play music, using Winamp or Windows Media Player, the program is not responding for a while, and then it plays the song. That problem is not presented when I am trying to access other folders(which have more less files). Also, this problem is not presented, when I access the NAS through FTP.. Through FTP it is working perfect! Through LAN I am using the SMB protocol. This is the mystery... The SMB has problem, but the FTP is working properly!

If you have any idea or any advise, please help me.

Thank you very much for your time.

If you could give me, more information about ignoring scheduled tasks it woulb me helpfull! I run Windows Xp Professional, Service pack 2. The NAS, runs Windows NT 4,9(that's what I found, by clicking on the "Properties" command, by right-clicking on the LAN's window). The NAS, also, runs a firmware which is named NAS-BASIC.

I tried to do something but I don't thing it's going to work... The folder which I have the music files is called "mousikh". I seperate the music files, in an alphabetical order and I moved them to folders. I created shortcuts, to these folsers, and I removed the "mousikh" folder from the SMB list, and I tried to access the folder through the shortcuts. But I get a window which asks password for the user "storage/Guest". "storage" is the network name of the NAS device, but I don't have set any "Guest" user. So what password I have to give?? Or.. where is this "Guest" user setted??

Thank you again!

;Speed up Network Browsing by removing Network Scheduled Tasks

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RemoteComputer\

NameSpace\{D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF}]

See: http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/17/

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Speed-Up-Ne...ing-48069.shtml

Or try posting the actual make and model of your NAS, maybe someone else knows.

For setting users and password there is probably a web interface, try typing it's IP address into your browser.