Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

[Release] Google Chrome v0.3.154.9 BETA

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

johndoe74

johndoe74

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • Joined 12-March 06
Google Chrome v0.3.154.9 BETA

A fresh take on the browser

At Google, we spend much of our time working inside a browser. We search, chat, email and collaborate in a browser. And like all of you, in our spare time, we shop, bank, read news and keep in touch with friends - all using a browser. People are spending an increasing amount of time online, and they're doing things never imagined when the web first appeared about 15 years ago.

Since we spend so much time online, we began seriously thinking about what kind of browser could exist if you started from scratch and built on the best elements out there. We realized that the web had evolved from mainly simple text pages to rich, interactive applications and that we needed to completely rethink the browser. What we really needed was not just a browser, but also a modern platform for web pages and applications, and that's what we set out to build.

So today we're releasing the beta version of a new open source browser: Google Chrome.

On the surface, we designed a browser window that is streamlined and simple. To most people, it isn't the browser that matters. It's only a tool to run the important stuff - the pages, sites and applications that make up the web. Like the classic Google homepage, Google Chrome is clean and fast. It gets out of your way and gets you where you want to go.

Under the hood, we were able to build the foundation of a browser that runs today's complex web applications much better . By keeping each tab in an isolated "sandbox", we were able to prevent one tab from crashing another and provide improved protection from rogue sites. We improved speed and responsiveness across the board. We also built V8, a more powerful JavaScript engine, to power the next generation of web applications that aren't even possible in today's browsers.

This is just the beginning - Google Chrome is far from done. We've released this beta for Windows to start the broader discussion and hear from you as quickly as possible. We're hard at work building versions for Mac and Linux too, and we'll continue to make it even faster and more robust.

We owe a great debt to many open source projects, and we're committed to continuing on their path. We've used components from Apple's WebKit and Mozilla's Firefox, among others - and in that spirit, we are making all of our code open source as well. We hope to collaborate with the entire community to help drive the web forward.

The web gets better with more options and innovation. Google Chrome is another option, and we hope it contributes to making the web even better.

But enough from us. The best test of Google Chrome is to try it yourself.

File size :: 8.54 MB (8,950,314 bytes)
MD5 :: E734CA9BF2C090F546CAA98897B18CF3
Main :: ifile.it

Edited by johndoe74, 29 October 2008 - 12:22 PM.

Posted Image

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

ccl0

ccl0

• PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Joined 29-January 08
lol do you ever sleep? :P

johndoe74

johndoe74

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • Joined 12-March 06
Sleep? Hmm.... I have definitely heard that word somewhere before but d@mned if I can remember where I've heard it and what it means :D
Posted Image

t6nv1r

t6nv1r
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 24-August 08
Its not install silently.

Edited by boooggy, 10 September 2008 - 10:07 AM.

johndoe74

johndoe74

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • Joined 12-March 06
Google Chrome v0.3.154.0 BETA

File size :: 8.19 MB (8,592,730 bytes)
MD5 :: A6C58C64F68C341B39AB51E45C5DE092
Main :: ifile.it
Mirror :: Esnips
Mirror :: MediaFire

Edited by johndoe74, 29 October 2008 - 12:04 PM.

Posted Image

anonymous_user

anonymous_user

͏͏͏

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • Joined 25-December 05
Thanks for this addon :thumbup

Lodoss

Lodoss

• 17 posts
  • Joined 31-October 04
Thank you, johndoe74, for all of the addons that you create - I use a lot of them in my installs and they're a real time saver - thank you :)

johndoe74

johndoe74

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • Joined 12-March 06
you're very welcome :)
Posted Image

boooggy

boooggy

MSFN Master

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Joined 27-February 05
new one out
http://www.softpedia...le-Chrome.shtml

johndoe74

johndoe74

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • Joined 12-March 06
Thanks for the heads up! Updated to v0.3.154.0!
Posted Image

johndoe74

johndoe74

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • Joined 12-March 06
updated to v0.3.154.9
Posted Image

Raoul90

Raoul90

• PipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Joined 05-February 08
What language will it be after installation? Would like to have Dutch.

johndoe74

johndoe74

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • Joined 12-March 06
This is English version, got it from softpedia. link me to a download for the dutch version and I'll make the addon for ya ;)
Posted Image

Raoul90

Raoul90

• PipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Joined 05-February 08
Hm will search it then. ^^ I just use the ChromeSetup.exe to install (downloads newest from internet) :)

Raoul90

Raoul90

• PipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Joined 05-February 08
Does someone know where the ChromeSetup.exe puts his temporary files?

Raoul90

Raoul90

• PipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Joined 05-February 08
:)

Edited by Raoul90, 29 November 2008 - 01:21 PM.

Raoul90

Raoul90

• PipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Joined 05-February 08
Google Chrome 0.4.154.25 Beta is out also.

Got the offline-installer from C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\Download
The chrome_installer.exe is silent from itself and is 8,36MB

http://www.mediafire...2db6fb9a8902bda
MD5: E7F696B87A28DC291B3899C5BA11D640

Edited by Raoul90, 29 November 2008 - 01:28 PM.

mitsukai

mitsukai

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Joined 07-January 07
it seems good except for one thing... i need the noscript features. i once went to my usual anime website they have many videos in one page... and google tried automaticly playing them in one time. so geuss what that takes up alot of processsing power so i just had to CTRL+ALT+DEL it away....

only reasing that keeps me from using it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN