Glenn9999

DOS Programs

75 posts in this topic

*Edit*

I originally uploaded a program to ZippyShare for hosting... but the files have expired from their website.

Edited by LostInSpace2012

Oops, sorry for the double post.

Here's an intersting DOS program called FileView Pro 1.0

http://www.qbasicnews.com/dav/projects.php

FileView Pro - my poor attempt at using QB to make a useful file viewer for many type files. It's supposed to work like QuickView Pro, if you know that DOS program. FV Views and edits any size binary file up to 2 gigabytes, views text files, views BMP/GIF/PCX/JPG files, plays FLI/FLC animations, plays WAV/SND/CMF/MID sound files. Deletes/Copies files. View/edit any file in binary mode. Source code is not included.

The interface/GUI is quite good :-) I'm impressed actually. At the least, a very nice text viewer and shell for DOS, with cool additional features like playing .FLI animations.

P.S. Don't bother downloading his Hex editor, it didn't even run at all.

He also wrote a webserver called SmallWeb, for Windows 9x, which is only 13kb in size.

Quickview Pro has been updated... now reads MP4 files for playback in DOS.

www.multimediaware.com

Edited by ZortMcGort11

Here are my two biggest DOS programs I wrote. They're both guitar related.

Final versions, fixed a bunch of bugs and stuff. They work in 32-bit versions of Windows as well DOS. If you run these from just plain old DOS 6.22 without windows, you'll need to put "cwsdpmi.exe" in same directory as programs.

Micro Guitar Tab 1.5

and

Guitar Chord Search 2.7

Download from my website, along with the rest of my utterly ridiculous programs :-)

http://www.geocities.ws/gcd/index.htm

Edited by ZortMcGort11

I like to do a mention for the old (1992) floppy disk utility HD-Copy by Oliver Fromme. It was released as cardware.

http://www.asiawide.or.jp/HD_COPY.htm

Only 45,8 KB for a highly customizable and rich set of features.

Among these are the expected commons functions: format (various standard and no-standard formats), verify, boot sector rewrite, image management and bla bla bla...

But also allows you to shield floppies with a password, and above all has (my opinion) a great feature, named FAT selection, that enable the possibility to create a floppy image copying, instead of the whole disk, only the tracks containing data.

Maybe, the only "contraindication" is that protected floppy and image so created can be handled by HD-Copy only, otherwise are unusable.