Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Keep getting txtsetup.sif is corrupt,,,

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

mrZoSo

mrZoSo
  • 6 posts
Got the latest version of nLite and I slipstreamed SP2 into XP Pro x64, I also did HotFixes and one sata driver. Went to install and get the error "txtsetup.sif is corrupted or missing, status 14"
So I redid it without the driver, same results, did it without the hotfixes same result, did it with just slipstreaming sp2 same result. I did all this on a Vista Business x64 system.
My original disc works fine to install, I double checked it.
I've never ran into this before with nLite and I've slipstreamed alot in the past.

Where is this txtsetup.sif suppose to be?
Why is this happening? Should I be running nLite on a x86 system? Am I missing something?

TIA

Edited by mrZoSo, 07 September 2008 - 03:13 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

johnhc

johnhc

MSFN Junkie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,362 posts
mrZoSo,
I think your problem is not running nLite on an XP x64 system. Any other OS will give you trouble.
I looked at my txtsetup.sif file (in AMD64 folder) and is a large (500 KB) text file. It has lots of data on disk names, file names and much much more.
Try nLite on XP x64.
Good luck, John.

mrZoSo

mrZoSo
  • 6 posts
Well, that's partly why Im doing this is to install XP x64, I'm going to try a couple things, I'll report back.

UPDATE: Well I tried doing it under the "hidden" Administrator in Vista and ended up with the same results, ended up having to to it the old fashioned way.

Edited by mrZoSo, 07 September 2008 - 09:10 PM.

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,749 posts
OK how bout this?

Is your driver for sure a 64x driver?

Will you ATTACH you txtsetup.sif (You might need to comress it) so we can peek at it?

mrZoSo

mrZoSo
  • 6 posts
I noticed something else when I opened the finished ISO with ISOBuster, the layout is different, not sure if this is normal or if it will help but here's a couple pics, one of a stock ISO and one of nLite ISO. I also attached a rar file of both sif files. Yes, the driver was x64, but I don't believe it had anything to do with the driver because I tried it without too, as mentioned above.

Stock ISO
Posted Image

nLite ISO
Posted Image

Attached Files

mitsukai

mitsukai

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
look slike you nlited the same source a couple of times.
try nliting a clean source that has not been nlited before

mrZoSo

mrZoSo
  • 6 posts
I did try a clean source, I tried it several different ways only to get the same result.
The pic is just from one of the resulting ISO files I didn't delete yet.
I will try it later today using XP x64, now that I have it installed, because I would like to integrate a few more things.

johnhc

johnhc

MSFN Junkie

• 3,362 posts
mrZoSo,
I may be wrong about having to use XP vs Vista for nLite but I think you must use a 64 bit OS. See this post - the red at the top. It also has some good information and links for building XP x64 ISOs.
Enjoy, John.

mrZoSo

mrZoSo
  • 6 posts
I did use an x64 OS, Vista Business x64.

i just made a new disc in XP Pro x64, I'm downloading VMware right now because I'm tired of wasteing cd's ,,,lol
I'll report back with the results.

mrZoSo

mrZoSo
  • 6 posts
OK, it worked using nLite in XP Pro x64, installed with no errors on vmware. So it obviously has something to do with using nLite in Vista x64.
The only thing I didn't try was running nLite in XP SP2 Compatibility mode. I'll try it and see what happens.

UPDATE: Set nLite to run as Admin and in XP SP2 Compatibility mode, and it worked!!! :thumbup
Made 2 different ISOs and both worked just fine ;)

Edited by mrZoSo, 08 September 2008 - 10:53 PM.

mark2121

mark2121
  • 1 posts
my pirated Windows XP x64 cd didn't came with AMD64 folder... Should i create one with the same txtsetup.sif and hivesys.inf from i386 folder?

does it work...

or can you give me the site where can i download the files that are found inside the usual AMD64 folder..?

Please help me.. Windows XP x64bit is rare here in the phil..
thanks

johnhc

johnhc

MSFN Junkie

• 3,362 posts
mark2121, this is not a warez site and pirated SW will not be discussed. Please read the forum rules at the top of the page. John.

Rayearth

Rayearth

• 12 posts
I'm getting an error "txtsetup.sif is corrupted or missing, status 18" and it's showing on my nLited and original ISO of Windows XP SP3 x86 and same for Windows XP SP2 x64 (USB Boot).
Running nLite as admin and in XP SP2 compatibility mode does't make it better... :/

any guess what could get wrong?

EDIT:
I red that Windows 7 (my currently used OS) can change partition table without any reason and this could be the cause of this problem.
Probably formatting C: partition could work and then installing Win XP on clean one. (didn't test it)

Edited by Rayearth, 11 August 2009 - 01:19 PM.

johnhc

johnhc

MSFN Junkie

• 3,362 posts
Rayearth, there is a forum here discussing USB installs. When are you getting the error? Can you post a screen shot of the message? Have you tried your ISO on a virtual system (VMware Server, VirtualBox and VirtualPC are free)? Please attach your winnt.sif, but please obscure your private data such as CD key. And, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

Rayearth

Rayearth

• 12 posts

Rayearth, there is a forum here discussing USB installs. When are you getting the error? Can you post a screen shot of the message? Have you tried your ISO on a virtual system (VMware Server, VirtualBox and VirtualPC are free)? Please attach your winnt.sif, but please obscure your private data such as CD key. And, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

as soon as the win setup prepares configuration, the ISO works great on VirtualBox. no such problem. I used the Win XP x64 SP2 + latest updates + AHCI/RAID driver for my ICH10R chipset. I deleted lots of components but as I said before, the nLited OS worked on virtual machine. Problem must leight somewhere elso coz my original untouched XP Home giver the same error.

I attached my winnt.sif but I don't think it will do any good...

Attached Files

johnhc

johnhc

MSFN Junkie

• 3,362 posts
Rayearth, we need to see your Last Session. Please attach (not paste) it and let us know if you followed the other advice in my first reply. Are you trying to install from a USB stick? I just saw your edit. You cannot integrate an SP under W7 to make an XP ISO. What about a screen shot of the error? I need to understand when the error happens and don't know what you mean by "as soon as the win setup prepares configuration". Did you get into GUI mode? What T clock are you at when the error occurs? Enjoy, John.

Rayearth

Rayearth

• 12 posts
Here You go - my Last session (but under different filename)

1. Yest, I' m using USB stick.
2. No, I'm not integrating SP, just standalone updates, hotfixes.
3. Yes, I'm doing it under Win 7. Should I do it under XP? Could it be done under XP on virtual machine?
4. By "as soon as the win setup prepares configuration" I mean that computer boot from USB stick, it displays a msg for a tiny second that setup is preparing configuration, and then the "Windows is loading files" screen should appear (black screen with progress bar). It does, but Windows isnt loading files, it just give me this error ;)
5. I did all my work in one nLite session, used clean ISO.

I'll paste a photo of this error when I get back from work.

Attached Files

Edited by Rayearth, 11 August 2009 - 11:40 PM.

johnhc

johnhc

MSFN Junkie

• 3,362 posts
Rayearth, right now I do not think you have an nLite problem. I think you have a 'install from USB stick' problem and need to post into that forum for a solution. I cannot help you with the USB install although there are people here who can. You are probably OK running under W7 as long as you don't integrate an SP. The fact that you can install on VM indicates that the ISO is probably OK. You could still have a driver problem (VM does not test drivers), but you have not gotten that far on the USB install. You can run nLite under XP in a VM. Several here have used this technique to get around the Vista/W7 problems. I think you have included an update (KB938464) that will not integrate with nLite. I suggest you look at Kurt_Aust's great guide for x64. Enjoy, John.

Edited by johnhc, 12 August 2009 - 11:29 AM.

Rayearth

Rayearth

• 12 posts
Thank You, John.
I'll post here the solution if I get it there.

EDIT1:
It's not an integrated driver problem. Error occurs when booting clean XP from USB stick.

I prepare my USB bootable stick by using Start->cmd and:
1. list disk
2. diskpart
3. select disk X (X=USB drive number)
4. clean
5. create partition primary
6. select partition 1
7. active
8. format fs=fat32 quick
9. assign
10. exit

Then I open UltraISO->Bootable->Write disk image
Write method=USB-HDD+
and Write

I prepated Windows 7 RC USB bootable stick using above instructions and setup started with no problems.
I prepared Windows XP USB bootable stick from original CD the same way and txtsetup.sif problem occured.
I wonder if this is a boot sector problem...

Edited by Rayearth, 12 August 2009 - 12:14 PM.

johnhc

johnhc

MSFN Junkie

• 3,362 posts
Rayearth, as I said before, I am unknowledgeable of USB boot/install. My current machine will not even boot from a USB stick. Perhaps my next one will. I had misread the title and that is why I asked to see winnt.sif. I assume you have looked at txtsetup.sif to make sure it is present and not corrupt? Have you ever done an XP USB boot? Have you ever done an XP USB install? Some time ago, I looked at the USB Install forum and remember that it is a very complicated process. Have you used that or another process? Since you are getting an error message from Setup, it must have booted but is having trouble reading the files it needs. The txtsetup.sif file must be one of the first ones it reads. I saw your post on the USB forum. Hopefully they can help you. If you have not read their posted procedure, be sure to spend some time there. Enjoy, John.

johnhc

johnhc

MSFN Junkie

• 3,362 posts
Rayearth, I may have found your problem. You must not remove 'Ręczna instalacja i aktualizacja' (Manual Install and Upgrade). Please see here. Please let us know. Enjoy, John.

cdob

cdob

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

I prepated Windows 7 RC USB bootable stick using above instructions and setup started with no problems.
I prepared Windows XP USB bootable stick from original CD the same way and txtsetup.sif problem occured.
I wonder if this is a boot sector problem...

No, it's not a boot sector propblem.
Different OS may get diffrent results the same way. XP setup dosn't boot from USB that way.
Use another approach: http://www.msfn.org/...p?showforum=157

Rayearth

Rayearth

• 12 posts
John, i tried Your advice to save Manual Install and Upgrade but it didn't helped, same error.
I found and connected my old CD drive and installed my nLited XP SP2 x64 without any problems so I guess You were right - it was no more than a USB stick install problem.

I'll try to install it anyway from USB if I'll encounter any solution...

Regards,
Ray

Edited by Rayearth, 14 August 2009 - 07:39 AM.

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 14,042 posts
AFAICR WinsetupfromUSB:
http://www.msfn.org/...p?showforum=157
http://www.msfn.org/...howtopic=120444

Does work for x64 builds, but with SINGLE partition USB sticks ONLY.

jaclaz

johnhc

johnhc

MSFN Junkie

• 3,362 posts
Rayearth, after I posted my last reply, I realized that the 'manual install' thing was probably not your problem, but it would be a stopper when you got past the problem that is preventing your USB install now. jaclaz is very knowledgeable of USB installs and surely can help you. Enjoy, John.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN