Keep getting txtsetup.sif is corrupt,,,

mrZoSo

Got the latest version of nLite and I slipstreamed SP2 into XP Pro x64, I also did HotFixes and one sata driver. Went to install and get the error "txtsetup.sif is corrupted or missing, status 14"

So I redid it without the driver, same results, did it without the hotfixes same result, did it with just slipstreaming sp2 same result. I did all this on a Vista Business x64 system.

My original disc works fine to install, I double checked it.

I've never ran into this before with nLite and I've slipstreamed alot in the past.

Where is this txtsetup.sif suppose to be?

Why is this happening? Should I be running nLite on a x86 system? Am I missing something?

TIA

Edited by mrZoSo

mrZoSo,

I think your problem is not running nLite on an XP x64 system. Any other OS will give you trouble.

I looked at my txtsetup.sif file (in AMD64 folder) and is a large (500 KB) text file. It has lots of data on disk names, file names and much much more.

Try nLite on XP x64.

Good luck, John.

Well, that's partly why Im doing this is to install XP x64, I'm going to try a couple things, I'll report back.

UPDATE: Well I tried doing it under the "hidden" Administrator in Vista and ended up with the same results, ended up having to to it the old fashioned way.

Edited by mrZoSo

I noticed something else when I opened the finished ISO with ISOBuster, the layout is different, not sure if this is normal or if it will help but here's a couple pics, one of a stock ISO and one of nLite ISO. I also attached a rar file of both sif files. Yes, the driver was x64, but I don't believe it had anything to do with the driver because I tried it without too, as mentioned above.

Stock ISO

0e8361dd.jpg

nLite ISO

5256cc66.jpg

sif_files.rar

I did try a clean source, I tried it several different ways only to get the same result.

The pic is just from one of the resulting ISO files I didn't delete yet.

I will try it later today using XP x64, now that I have it installed, because I would like to integrate a few more things.

OK, it worked using nLite in XP Pro x64, installed with no errors on vmware. So it obviously has something to do with using nLite in Vista x64.

The only thing I didn't try was running nLite in XP SP2 Compatibility mode. I'll try it and see what happens.

UPDATE: Set nLite to run as Admin and in XP SP2 Compatibility mode, and it worked!!! :thumbup

Made 2 different ISOs and both worked just fine ;)

Edited by mrZoSo

• 6 months later...

my pirated Windows XP x64 cd didn't came with AMD64 folder... Should i create one with the same txtsetup.sif and hivesys.inf from i386 folder?

does it work...

or can you give me the site where can i download the files that are found inside the usual AMD64 folder..?

Please help me.. Windows XP x64bit is rare here in the phil..

thanks

• 4 months later...

I'm getting an error "txtsetup.sif is corrupted or missing, status 18" and it's showing on my nLited and original ISO of Windows XP SP3 x86 and same for Windows XP SP2 x64 (USB Boot).

Running nLite as admin and in XP SP2 compatibility mode does't make it better... :/

any guess what could get wrong?

EDIT:

I red that Windows 7 (my currently used OS) can change partition table without any reason and this could be the cause of this problem.

Probably formatting C: partition could work and then installing Win XP on clean one. (didn't test it)

Edited by Rayearth

Rayearth, there is a forum here discussing USB installs. When are you getting the error? Can you post a screen shot of the message? Have you tried your ISO on a virtual system (VMware Server, VirtualBox and VirtualPC are free)? Please attach your winnt.sif, but please obscure your private data such as CD key. And, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

Rayearth, there is a forum here discussing USB installs. When are you getting the error? Can you post a screen shot of the message? Have you tried your ISO on a virtual system (VMware Server, VirtualBox and VirtualPC are free)? Please attach your winnt.sif, but please obscure your private data such as CD key. And, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

as soon as the win setup prepares configuration, the ISO works great on VirtualBox. no such problem. I used the Win XP x64 SP2 + latest updates + AHCI/RAID driver for my ICH10R chipset. I deleted lots of components but as I said before, the nLited OS worked on virtual machine. Problem must leight somewhere elso coz my original untouched XP Home giver the same error.

I attached my winnt.sif but I don't think it will do any good...

WINNT.SIF