Keep getting txtsetup.sif is corrupt,,,

mrZoSo

Rayearth, we need to see your Last Session. Please attach (not paste) it and let us know if you followed the other advice in my first reply. Are you trying to install from a USB stick? I just saw your edit. You cannot integrate an SP under W7 to make an XP ISO. What about a screen shot of the error? I need to understand when the error happens and don't know what you mean by "as soon as the win setup prepares configuration". Did you get into GUI mode? What T clock are you at when the error occurs? Enjoy, John.

Here You go - my Last session (but under different filename)

1. Yest, I' m using USB stick.

2. No, I'm not integrating SP, just standalone updates, hotfixes.

3. Yes, I'm doing it under Win 7. Should I do it under XP? Could it be done under XP on virtual machine?

4. By "as soon as the win setup prepares configuration" I mean that computer boot from USB stick, it displays a msg for a tiny second that setup is preparing configuration, and then the "Windows is loading files" screen should appear (black screen with progress bar). It does, but Windows isnt loading files, it just give me this error ;)

5. I did all my work in one nLite session, used clean ISO.

I'll paste a photo of this error when I get back from work.

XP_x64___10.08.2009.ini

Edited by Rayearth

Rayearth, right now I do not think you have an nLite problem. I think you have a 'install from USB stick' problem and need to post into that forum for a solution. I cannot help you with the USB install although there are people here who can. You are probably OK running under W7 as long as you don't integrate an SP. The fact that you can install on VM indicates that the ISO is probably OK. You could still have a driver problem (VM does not test drivers), but you have not gotten that far on the USB install. You can run nLite under XP in a VM. Several here have used this technique to get around the Vista/W7 problems. I think you have included an update (KB938464) that will not integrate with nLite. I suggest you look at Kurt_Aust's great guide for x64. Enjoy, John.

Edited by johnhc

Thank You, John.

I'll post here the solution if I get it there.

EDIT1:

It's not an integrated driver problem. Error occurs when booting clean XP from USB stick.

I prepare my USB bootable stick by using Start->cmd and:

1. list disk

2. diskpart

3. select disk X (X=USB drive number)

4. clean

5. create partition primary

6. select partition 1

7. active

8. format fs=fat32 quick

9. assign

10. exit

Then I open UltraISO->Bootable->Write disk image

Write method=USB-HDD+

and Write

I prepated Windows 7 RC USB bootable stick using above instructions and setup started with no problems.

I prepared Windows XP USB bootable stick from original CD the same way and txtsetup.sif problem occured.

I wonder if this is a boot sector problem...

Edited by Rayearth

Rayearth, as I said before, I am unknowledgeable of USB boot/install. My current machine will not even boot from a USB stick. Perhaps my next one will. I had misread the title and that is why I asked to see winnt.sif. I assume you have looked at txtsetup.sif to make sure it is present and not corrupt? Have you ever done an XP USB boot? Have you ever done an XP USB install? Some time ago, I looked at the USB Install forum and remember that it is a very complicated process. Have you used that or another process? Since you are getting an error message from Setup, it must have booted but is having trouble reading the files it needs. The txtsetup.sif file must be one of the first ones it reads. I saw your post on the USB forum. Hopefully they can help you. If you have not read their posted procedure, be sure to spend some time there. Enjoy, John.

I prepated Windows 7 RC USB bootable stick using above instructions and setup started with no problems.

I prepared Windows XP USB bootable stick from original CD the same way and txtsetup.sif problem occured.

I wonder if this is a boot sector problem...

No, it's not a boot sector propblem.

Different OS may get diffrent results the same way. XP setup dosn't boot from USB that way.

Use another approach: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showforum=157

John, i tried Your advice to save Manual Install and Upgrade but it didn't helped, same error.

I found and connected my old CD drive and installed my nLited XP SP2 x64 without any problems so I guess You were right - it was no more than a USB stick install problem.

I'll try to install it anyway from USB if I'll encounter any solution...

Regards,

Ray

Edited by Rayearth

Rayearth, after I posted my last reply, I realized that the 'manual install' thing was probably not your problem, but it would be a stopper when you got past the problem that is preventing your USB install now. jaclaz is very knowledgeable of USB installs and surely can help you. Enjoy, John.