RegTweaks 0.4.2

<edit 26/01/2013>

Hi guys, long time no see.
Just passing by to let you know that i created a PHP script on my website that lets you select tweaks from a list of checkboxes, and then generates the reg file (entirely commented) with only your selected tweaks.

This gives you freedom to create your personal customized reg file with a more friendly interface, without having to go thought the hassle of reading throughout hundreds of lines of mixed code-like text and hex numbers

It contains all the tweaks that were inside the file tweaks_en.reg that is in my latest released package (v0.4)

[redacted]

Also I just finished all the porting part (converting more than 1000 lines of info from inside the reg files into HTML + PHP so i could output the results on my site based on user selection.) and need a break.
The page may contain some errors, that will surely be corrected over time (as soon as i spot them)

I´m using Windows 8 now, and its been a long time since i stoped using XP, but i felt like i owe this to this community, for everything that i learned here.
If anyone is still interested in XP tweaks, it might come in handy.

(@MODS: if i´m not allowed to post links to external sites i apologize in advance and feel free to remove the link, but theres no way to incorporate the script i coded into this forum, the only way i saw was to link to my personal host.)

</edit>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi to all.

I´ve just updated the tweaks collection.

I cleaned the layout a bit, re-writed a few things to be more clear, removed the description of each service in each of the services reg files, remade the readme file, made a pt-br version of the tweaks, and other small things.

I am trying to update my site, that will have a page with all the info about the tweaks and the services, but my server is currently off. The page is almost ready, i only need to upload it and fix a few things, so i hope i will be online soon.

Besides the normal folder with all the tweaks inside, the pack now has another folder called "essentials".
The idea of this folder is what i asked you guys on this topic before, about having only essential tweaks for an unattended setup. So, here it is..

I have also added another file called "visual effects.reg" that has windows visual tweaks and some other stuff.

Main Changes of this Version

• Added - Tweaks to change other visual stuff rathen than windows defaults (like use Royale Noir, use Segoe UI as system font, etc...)
  • Added - Some new tweaks inside "other_software.reg" file
  • Added - The package now has a new folder with only essential tweaks to a unattended installation.
  • Removed - "Change Transition Effect to Menus and Tips using Fade", ´cause it was restarting my PC and the ones i installed (and took me about 4 days to find out this ******).
  • Removed - The batch files inside the package. There are instrucions inside the readme file instead.

You all have been very helpfull to make this a nice tweaks collection. I would like to ask you guys to keep reporting errors, invalid or double entries, things i might have translated wrong and other problems so i can correct it.

Also the "essentials" folder has tweaks that i found to be essentials. If you think that some tweak you may find essentil is missing from the files, or another one should be removed, let me know.

Bellow goes the attachments.
Cheers.
gugutz

tweaks_collection_v0.4_en.7z (English version)
colecao_de_tweaks_v0.4_pt_br.7z (português-brasileiro)

<Edit>

Please see this post if you have ventured here looking for the updated, unchecked version 0.4.2

</Edit>

Edited by Tripredacus
removed link

I´m thinking about making separate files for hardware tweaks, such as nVidia and ATI Cards tweaks.

That way, only users of this respective hardwares should use this tweaks.

I´m looking up for more tweaks for nVidia, ATI, 3dfx, and specific motherboards, such as other tweaks (many) to be implemented in the next version.

I´m working on it, now. The next version will be release very soon, i hope.

If anyone know any tweaks that would like to be implemented in the collection, please post here or PM me.

I use a 3dfx Card, and now i´m having problems even changing resolution i got blue screens on winxp.

This is why i´m thinking of making separated files for hardware tweaks. This way, ATI Cards users will only have to concern about that specific tweak file, and some for nVidia, 3dfx, Matrox and S3 vgas.

Any other new discovered tweak, not only related to hardware, will be very welcome as well.

cheers.

gugutz.

• 1 month later...

the link is at http://gugutz.co.nr/regtweaks

The page is under construction untill a compile my new collection, witch will be only essential tweaks for an unattended setup.

but you can download the version 2 (the same that was attached at this topic) in the page above.

stay tuned for the new version, it will be a collection with only essential tweaks that will be suposed to make an unattended setup shining, fast and reade (and beaultiful, of course). I´m learning a few things with vista first, but shouldn´t take long.

btw, i don´t know why the attachment has been gone. i didn´t do it. IPB must have exploded it somehow.

cheers to all.

gugutz

as you requested, MGadAllah, the attachment is at the 1º message again.

I want to ask you guys something: would you like a compiled version of ONLY tweaks for an unattended setup?

I mean, this sets of tweaks includes kind of "all-possible-tweaks" under XP.

But i´m thinking of making something more "unattended" like, something you could just add a line to you cmdlines.txt to get you xp filled with really essential tweaks, like NTFS speeding up, other performance stuff, and things like that. This way you wouldnt have to look inside the files to remove millions of things you don´t like, and tweaks that only have a porpuse in a very special circumstance, like Legal Notice Caption before users log on (who uses that?)

What about it?

Edited by gugutz

I want to ask you guys something: would you like a compiled version of ONLY tweaks for an unattended setup?

But i´m thinking of making something more "unattended" like, something you could just add a line to you cmdlines.txt to get you xp filled with really essential tweaks, like NTFS speeding up, other performance stuff, and things like that. This way you wouldnt have to look inside the files to remove millions of things you don´t like, and tweaks that only have a porpuse in a very special circumstance, like Legal Notice Caption before users log on (who uses that?)

What about it?

that sounds good, id like to see that

What about it?

that sounds good, id like to see that
YES...It is a very good add :thumbup

already waiting for it

that´s the idea, cumminbk. Some tweaks that are applied at T-13 with cmdlines does not "stay" ´cause at first logon Windows sets a few things up based on the winnt.sif file, so a "2º import" becomes necessary. But i´ll specify that on a readme file.

I already compiled this new unattended collection, but it is on my language. I will translate it to english and open a new topic about it as soon as it becomes ready.

BTW: A very nice new year to everybody!