RegTweaks 0.4.2

@gugutz, sorry for the late answer

Having infs instead of reg files is handy when it comes to localization because you can use vars (and end-vars ?).

I think files should be kept as .reg and entries that needs localization should all be moved in the same inf (same, because there are not many of them).

:)

@gugutz, I´ve just updated the tweaks collection.

FYI: I get an error message and the print folder is emptied when setting print spooler service to your suggested manual setting. Maybe it's my particular printer driver but I have to set mine to automatic in order to add or display existing printer.

EDIT: seems others recommend keeping this service automatic too: http://www.theeldergeek.com/print_spooler.htm

Edited by lurk&jerk

@gugutz, I´ve just updated the tweaks collection.

FYI: I get an error message and the print folder is emptied when setting print spooler service to your suggested manual setting. Maybe it's my particular printer driver but I have to set mine to automatic in order to add or display existing printer.

EDIT: seems others recommend keeping this service automatic too: http://www.theeldergeek.com/print_spooler.htm

Afaik, Automatic is the only working state : manual does not work correctly. For instance if you start Word and the spooler service is not started, it won't see the printer until you start the service AND restart word. :}

thanks, currently I do all current user tweaks in cmdlines and local machine in runonceex is this good enough or should current user be reimported 2nd time after 1st boot?

also the following tweak is wrong I think.

; Show Hidden Files and Folders

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]

"Hidden"=dword:00000000

should be

; Show Hidden Files and Folders

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]

"Hidden"=dword:00000001

many thanks.

@some1, i havent updated my site yet. i´m have been a little lazy about it, but i´m already working on it.

@lurk&jerk, you are right, i had trouble installing a network printer because of this service too. Next version it will be set to auto.

@Chrysalis, yeah, this shouldnt be like that. Gonna fix that as soon as i get home.

thanks to all.