error deleting file or folder

rafael77677

i trying to delete an folder in "my pictures" folder, but i cant delete that because there is a error message:

----------------------------------------

cannot delete galway IE: Access is denied.

Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and the file is not currently in use.

C:\Documents and Settings\Samsung\My Documents\My Pictures\galway\galway IE

i have already tried to delete several times, but i always get that error

someone to help me???

thanks

i trying to delete an folder in "my pictures" folder, but i cant delete that because there is a error message:

cannot delete galway IE: Access is denied.

Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and the file is not currently in use.

C:\Documents and Settings\Samsung\My Documents\My Pictures\galway\galway IE

i have already tried to delete several times, but i always get that error

someone to help me???

thanks

Try to delete it in safe mode. Or if you have some bootable CDs, boot from it and delete folder from CD.

Also, a process could be "hooking" into that particular folder, and a process doing that won't let you do anything with it.

I recommend a program called Unlocker. It's version 1.8.7 and it's rock-solid. All you do is right-click the folder or file that is being used i some way, select "Unlocker" on the context menu, look in the list that pops up for the process thats holding the files or folder, and select "Unlock". As soon as it is "unlocked", you can do whatever you want.

Hope that helps.

Also, a process could be "hooking" into that particular folder, and a process doing that won't let you do anything with it.

I recommend a program called Unlocker. It's version 1.8.7 and it's rock-solid. All you do is right-click the folder or file that is being used i some way, select "Unlocker" on the context menu, look in the list that pops up for the process thats holding the files or folder, and select "Unlock". As soon as it is "unlocked", you can do whatever you want.

This would not work if the file is accessed at the driver level.

This would not work if the file is accessed at the driver level.

Quite right Ascii2,

Although I don't suspect that to be the problem as the folder he's trying to manipulate is under a "Samsung" folder...meaning some kind of software from Samsung is likely causing this problem.