Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

enable hyperlinks in Outlook 2003

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

nantucketbob

nantucketbob
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 18-January 08
hyperlinks in emails read with Outlook 2003 used to work fine. Today they dont. I get the error message "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions set on this computer...." I installed WinXP SP3 a day or so ago. Trouble with FIrefox (can I mention that here?) version 3 caused me to reinstall verions 2, also yesterday. Help. Thanks.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

nantucketbob

nantucketbob
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 18-January 08
Although this problem has appeared in many questions, I found none of these questions answered! Strange forum behavior, indeed. In any case, I solved my problem. Apparently it was a Firefox issue. I made IE7 my default browser for a while. Hyperlinks in Outlook 2003 worked fine. Then I switched browsers (tools menu) back to firefox as default, and the hyperlinks in Outlook 2003 work fine. I don't know where I read that it was indeed a firefox issue.

csl2008

csl2008
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 03-October 08

hyperlinks in emails read with Outlook 2003 used to work fine. Today they dont. I get the error message "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions set on this computer...." I installed WinXP SP3 a day or so ago. Trouble with FIrefox (can I mention that here?) version 3 caused me to reinstall verions 2, also yesterday. Help. Thanks.

I spent 2 long days trying to solve the same problem. I had installed SP3 and upgraded to FF 3 and uninstalled same, reinstalled FF2. I did what you suggested and now hyperlinks work in my Outlook. Thank you so much for sharing your solution.

moetsch123

moetsch123
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 11-November 09
Thank you very much, nantucketbob for your very helpful answer :thumbup . You saved me from continued anguish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users