Installing dotnet 3.5 unattended problems

Hi

I am trieng to install dot.net 3.5 sp1 unattended in audituser pass with a sync command. For some reason it doesnt get applied however the audit passes are applied. I simply did it with a cmd /c c:\Install\dotfx35.exe /q sync command. Is there an error log where I can look what went wrong?

Regards,

Philipp

or asking in another way, is it possible to slipstream dot.net 3.5 sp1 offline to my install.wim?

I heard about the pkgmgr.exe and the /iu switch. But I did not figured out yet how to slipstream the .net 3.5 sp1 as an official package or feature.

Any ideas are appreciated :)

Regards,

Phil

• 3 months later...
Hi

I am trieng to install dot.net 3.5 sp1 unattended in audituser pass with a sync command. For some reason it doesnt get applied however the audit passes are applied. I simply did it with a cmd /c c:\Install\dotfx35.exe /q sync command. Is there an error log where I can look what went wrong?

Regards,

Philipp

Try this command line, it works for me.

dotnetfx35.exe /Q /C:"install.exe /Q"

• 2 weeks later...

I found out why I get this message. It's becouse I was using the seperarte versions of net 2.0 sp2 and net 3.0 sp2 from the msdn net framework for visual studio web site which are not supported on vista so you can only use the version from the ms consumer download center which contains the entire package: net 2.0 sp2 net 3.0 sp2 and net 3.5 sp1. This works on vista becouse it does not actually install the net 2.0 sp2 or net 3.0 sp2 since they are included and come with the opertating system but only the 3.5 sp1 portion of the package if you use the offline version.

If you use the online web bootstrapper it will only give you the two .msu updates and skips the 3.5 sp1 portion which is an error so I use the offline version found at the bottom of the net 3.5 sp1 download page. You can reduce the size of the offline package for vista from 250 mb to about 20 mb by extracting the 3.5 sp1 and deleting the uneeded net 2.0 sp2 and net 3.0 sp2 and then editing the .msi of the net 3.5 sp1 by dropping the table that blocks direct install and including the two .msu updates