Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Longhorn in Multi Boot DVD

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

jeet

jeet

• 43 posts
  • Joined 04-November 03
hey pls can anyone help me out in adding Longhorn in Multi Boot DVD collection.
i want to know waht will be the directory structure for it and how will i boot it. what all files will the boot folder contain. pls provide ur comments on it.

thanks
jeet

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

hsog

hsog

• 14 posts
  • Joined 13-December 03
Longhorn uses winpe to start located in the BOOT folder (last i looked). So add longhorn just like you would add winpe to a cd. I think the only thing you need to do is use an xp boot sector and point it to the boot folder, setupldr.bin is already hexed to point to BOOT. I did this for longhorn 4051 or whatever and it worked fine.

-gosh

jeet

jeet

• 43 posts
  • Joined 04-November 03
hey ghosh pls can u help me how did u do it longhorn 4051. pls i would be really thankfull to.

thanks
jeet

hsog

hsog

• 14 posts
  • Joined 13-December 03
I just did. All i did is edit a xp boot sector and replace i386 with boot, that was it. Then i used cdimage with the -b command to point to the boot sector (-be:\cd\boot.bin )

-gosh

jeet

jeet

• 43 posts
  • Joined 04-November 03
hello hsog i want to add it to the multi bootable dvd so pls can u guide me for that purpose.

thank u
jeet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users