How can I disable INTRANET Zone Checks and add it to nLite?

bobkat2769

Hi there =^.^=

I'm running into problems trying to automate a process to disable zone checks on my local intranet. Ever since IE 7 was put on all of my workstations it seems to think that my local network is an "internet" zone.

I have a manual fix for this that mostly works, but I found that when I took snapshots of the registry and file changes and then tested applying them that nothing had actually changed except the part where I created a new system variable.

Below is the manual procedure I've been using to mostly fix this problem:

Open System Applet (WinKey+Pause) and go to Advanced tab and create a system environment variable:

SEE_MASK_NOZONECHECKS

and give it the value 1. This will disable the zone checks and make your life easier.

Go to Internet Options | Security tab...

Select "Local Intranet"

Select "Sites" button

Uncheck "Automatically detect intranet network" as it is totally broken after IE 7 is installed.

All three checkboxes below should be checked.

Select "OK" to apply changes and close both dialogs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the parts that seem to be ignored:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]

"WarnOnIntranet"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap]

"UNCAsIntranet"=dword:00000001

"AutoDetect"=dword:00000000

"ProxyByPass"=dword:00000001

"IntranetName"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\1]

"Flags"=dword:00000219

They are getting applied okay, but upon the next reboot the changes are gone and they never appear in the Internet options dialog as they should be.

Can anyone help me with this? It is a real pain in the a**. Files on my local network that are regular mapped drives should be treated just like local filesystems and not have a stupid "do I want to run it" dialog pop up every time I want to run something.

Thanks much in advance,

BobKat

I found an answer to my problem when I started searching for a script to open up the Internet Options dialog.

For anyone else looking for a solution to the zone check problem with IE 7 run the following lines at a command prompt or add to your reghacks file:

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment" /v SEE_MASK_NOZONECHECKS /d 1

reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\1" /v "Flags" /t REG_DWORD /d 219 /f

• 6 years later...