Omg.. lol

Blackwar

I use WB3.1 and there are some great skins that u can use for it, although the default skins are really tacky. I think it gives u better contol over ur desktop when combined with the other elements of Object Desktop. Stardock have come out with what i think is a better package then TGT soft and does allow u customize some great quality skins of ur own

I truly agree with you Unimatrix-Zero. Heck, I even am thinking of getting thier entire package. I mean $50 for all thier software and updates for 1 year...

that's a pretty nice deal. Plus wb3,2 is supposedly faster than wb3.1, if that is the case, then I fail to see any sort of comparison between the msstyle engine and the wb engine.. wb is clearly superior and ofcourse a price tag comes with it...

but who cares.. it's still very worth it...

I tried wb, and i basically hate it.. when you are using it, the minimizing effects and all that are gone.. ill just stick to my old skool classic desktop.. I would try it again sometime in the future maybe.. but not right now, u gotta admit this mac theme is pathetic tho LOL!

BLACKWAR

I have currently tried both StyleXP and Windows XP, both the major players and 2 choices of desire for Windows XP skinning.

StyleXP i believe is the God Father of Windows XP skinning, it has fantastic visual styles, a massive, and i mean massive, skin/user database, and it's really easy to make off the wall impressive skins using Style Builder.

Down points for StyleXP compared to WB 3.1a, Speed and graphical options. WB is certainly faster and seems to be more smooth, the graphical options/features of WB are equally impressive.

Note: The latest versions of StyleXP such as 7.0 and 8.0 are a massive improvment in my opinion over the most commonly used alternitive, either StyleXP (beta3) the free version, and the Theme Patch. 8.0 offers a s*** load of features, and the Skins now load and run smoother and faster then before.

WB can go along way, and i see it going head to head with StyleXP when the 3.2 version is fully released, the only problem with WB, which i hate, is the Skins!

I've gone thru over 500+ skins on 4 different popular websites, and none are to my liking! Very poor, and badly made.

For now, i am very impressed with StyleXP 8.0.

I think i will be staying with that for a LONG LONG time, because at the moment, WB can not even question it's coolness of skins.

I was planning on originally covering more of this topic, but i'm in a rush, i will cover more ground if asked later.

Gimie

• 2 weeks later...

babis:

name a few wb theme that u like in particular

i visited that 3 sites some time ago

the screenshots were amazing.....i was very impressed.......but then when i tried the actual skin on wb.......i don't like it

and plus, wb is a waste of memory

btw, babis, do u know where i can get the updated version of prophecy?

Prophecy:

http://members.shaw.ca/mattdagar/Prophecy/

Another nice msstyle skin by the author of prophecy is static:

http://members.shaw.ca/mattdagar/Static/

WB skins:

I like MetalX, tactile, blackcomb and olympic

I the best theme so far is logika but it costs $$

I never tried that theme, just saw a screenshot of it.. and fell in love with it ;-)

http://www.pixtudio.com/

check this thread:

http://xp.modrica.com/forum/showthread.php...11993#post11993

I've added tons of WB and StyleXP sites..

babis, MetalX is the greatest skin ever made for any program for any platform EVER! call me crazy, but there's only one reason why i don't use windowblinds.. it doesn't like mirc.

for any of you that use mIRC and WindowBlinds give this a try. open mirc (of course) and fill the screen with the status or channel window (not maximize, but make the window fill the screen nonetheless) you'll see that there's now a scrollbar on the right side. :) now i know that i could just maximize the windows and have my small problem solved, but i'm used to it the way i like it. if stardock could fix that problem i'd switch to windowblinds in a split second.

yes, i've emailed them a few times about the bug but i never got a response. so for now, i'll put my credit card back in my wallet and use the free dll from TGTsoft.

What version of mirc and windows blinds are you running seditive???

have no problems with the scroll bar missing on mine, staus screen maximized, mirc screen normal window, even when Ive maximized mirc and the status screen it still there. Check what versions of both your running could be a compatibility problem with the version of the two that you currently have

currently WB 3.1a

mirc 6.0