Having Nlited my machine, I dismissed IIS but i now need it. Any ideas as i can't afford to wipe the machine again as it's at work
<< SOLUTION >>
Post IIS Installation for a nlite built win xp machine
1. Start, run, C:\WINDOWS\INF\SYSOC.INF and find the section [Components].
2. Add iis=iis2.dll,OcEntry,iis2.inf,7
3. From your Windows 2000 CD, copy the files \I386\iis.dl_ and \I386\iis.in_ to a folder on your hard drive e.g c:\temp.
4. Start, run, cmd
5. In the command prompt black window type cd\temp
6. In the command window, decompress the two files with the following commands:
expand iis.dl_ iis2.dll
expand iis.in_ iis2.inf
(You may close the command prompt at this time.)
7. Move the files:
iis2.inf to C:\Windows\INF
iis2.dll to C:\Windows\System32\Setup
8. Open the Control Panel and choose Add or Remove Programs. From the column of icons on the left, choose Add/Remove Windows
Components. IIS will now be available.
Edited by adigraham, 01 October 2008 - 03:31 AM.