Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Backup to USB Hard Disks Possible?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

lost9999

lost9999

• 11 posts
Im trying to get rid of the 8mm tapes that we use to backup our Exchange server.

Problem is if I use USB hard disks I have to re import the drive in Device Manager every time. I tried to setup a drive letter and hoped that the server would "remember" the disk and assign it the same drive letter. This is not he case. I have to go into device manager each time to re import the disk.

Am I missing something here?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

jcarle

jcarle

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,579 posts
Generally speaking, the drive letter should always remain the same after the drive has been completely installed unless other drive letters have changed.
Posted Image
Posted Image

XPerties

XPerties

MSFN OG Senior

• Patrons
  • 2,994 posts
^^ x2

I have a usb hard drive and it's always assigned the same drive letter. Also it never is not recognized and works perfect with all my backups. What type of drive is it?

You want some Glock with that?
★ :::: Xbox Live GamerTag = ScreamingSkulls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN