Theme Help Please

crookadile

I have integrated a theme ( VistaVG ) into my nlite cd.

I have since made some modifications to the theme and would like to integrate this modded theme .

The problem is that when I try to integrate the modded theme I get a message that the theme (VistaVG ) is allready integrated and will be skipped.

I have even renamed the theme but get the same message.

Has anyone got any ideas as to how I can integrate the modded theme.

Regards

Brian.

EDIT. I should have said Visual Style not theme. I have actually edited the visual style with reshack( changed some of the buttons and the shellstyle ).

Edited by crookadile

crookadile,

Sorry, I have to ask the question - Did you remove the first theme? I assume you are using the the Desktop Themes tab on Unattended.

Have you nLited the same source more than once? You must always start with a fresh copy of the original CD files/folders.

I plan on updating my theme this afternoon and if I discover any thing, I'll let you know. Even though the theme name is different, some of the underling files are the same names. Look for 'desktoptheme' in your LastSession.ini.

Enjoy, John.

The best way i have found to intergrate a theme is by doing the following;

1. Use nLite to do all the other bits and the unattended bits you want but DO not intergrate the theme you want.

2. Goto your source folder (where you copied the files from your cd) and create the following folder structure

$OEM$\$$\Resources\Themes

now copy your edited theme into this folder.

3. Now goto you I386 folder and look for a file named WINNT.SIF open it with notepad and copy the following code into the bottom of the file

[Shell]
CustomDefaultThemeFile="%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\[YourThemeNameHere].theme"

and hey presto all done!!!!

Dont forget that you must have already used the UXTheme patch within nLite to allow this to happen.

Hope this helps.

Stoner81

Thanks johnhc you were right I hadn't removed the first theme and I was using the Desktop Themes Tab.

I did however decide to use Stoner81's instructions by putting my Visual Style/Theme into $OEM$ and editing my WINNT.SIF and it worked a treat. So thanks to Stoner81 as well.

Regards, Brian