Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Copy a few small files to root directory during install?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

snelephant

snelephant

• 18 posts
  • Joined 05-October 04
I would like to copy a few applications from my Vista install DVD to the destination root. This can be done the old fashioned way using the $1 folder in conjunction with <UseConfigurationSet> tag, but as warned, this copies the entire contents of the 'sources' folder (several gigabytes) to the root during setup, adding a considerable and unnecessary delay to setup. Is there an alternative?

Note that I simply want to copy these application folders from my install DVD to root during Vista setup. I am not trying to install the applications automatically during setup. I am not trying to inject drivers or system files. Also, I don't want to use additional media (thumbdrive, etc.), I'd like to work from a single install DVD.

Any tips greatly appreciated.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,889 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03
Edit:
No need for that UseConfigurationSet

just mount your wim rw and add the files folders or whatever to what you're looking at, thats your drive

Edited by maxXPsoft, 20 October 2008 - 06:42 AM.

Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

XP Unattended CD/DVD creator - Version 4.1.7
Sample xml + Setupcomplete + Add Right click .wim Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users