• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
snelephant

Copy a few small files to root directory during install?

2 posts in this topic

I would like to copy a few applications from my Vista install DVD to the destination root. This can be done the old fashioned way using the $1 folder in conjunction with <UseConfigurationSet> tag, but as warned, this copies the entire contents of the 'sources' folder (several gigabytes) to the root during setup, adding a considerable and unnecessary delay to setup. Is there an alternative?

Note that I simply want to copy these application folders from my install DVD to root during Vista setup. I am not trying to install the applications automatically during setup. I am not trying to inject drivers or system files. Also, I don't want to use additional media (thumbdrive, etc.), I'd like to work from a single install DVD.

Any tips greatly appreciated.

Edit:

No need for that UseConfigurationSet

just mount your wim rw and add the files folders or whatever to what you're looking at, thats your drive

Edited by maxXPsoft