Display problems in windows 2000

suse lover

First off hello everyone.

In win2k after a while I get the icons and pictures go black and purple, and the title windows in explorer and others programs write all over each other, leaving a big nasty mess at the title bar. This eventually causes the mouse cursor to disappear.

On my other machine, Win2k won't get off the splash screen! I can hear system bells when I hit Esc but nothing else.

Anyone know what is causing these things? I installed SP2 on the first machine, and it did not cure the black icons or overlap in the title bar. I have the latest driver for my vid card on the first system too. (geforce2mx).

Any ideas?

:):rolleyes:

[b:]suse lover - Howdy and welcome.Just a few questions

How much RAM do you have installed in your PC's. Ive found out that the title bars being stuck and overlapping as you stated happens when your VID card and RAM are low on resources thus making the graphics drag. My server at home does this and I have around 320 RAM and a 20 dollar cheap VID card.

About the icons turning black , have you expermented with any of the newest Det drivers for your VID card. At my office we have Win2000 Pro and on my personal computer half my icons tunred black weeks ago and they just stay like that now, but Im unable to mees with my work PC.

-XPerties