Universal Extractor 1.6 Bug Reports

nitro322

I'm trying to extract an InstallShield exe instead of installing the program. v1.6.1 with win7 x64 ultimate

I choose Installshield /b switch and it starts out ok, but it seems like Universal Extractor doesn't give the process enough time(for the exe to run and to click through all the options), because at exactly the same time(about 10 seconds maybe) every time it stops and give an error "Initialization failed. Please exit the installer, then click OK to continue.". So I click OK then another popup says:

filexx could not be extracted.

It appears to be an InstallShield installer, which is supported, but extraction failed.

Please see the log file for more information.

Log:

TrID/32 - File Identifier v2.02 - © 2003-06 By M.Pontello

Definitions found: 2641

Analyzing...

Collecting data from file: D:\Programs\uniextract161_noinst\setup\Disk1\setup.exe

39.7% (.EXE) InstallShield setup (43050/17/16)

34.7% (.EXE) Win32 Executable MS Visual C++ (generic) (37706/45/16)

12.0% (.SCR) Windows Screen Saver (13105/51/3)

9.7% (.EXE) Win32 Executable Generic (10527/13/4)

1.8% (.EXE) Generic Win/DOS Executable (2002/3)

isxunpack extraction also gives the error:

filexx could not be extracted.

It appears to be an InstallShield installer, which is supported, but extraction failed.

Please see the log file for more information.

Log:

Usage: IsXunpack.exe 3DMark03.exe (for example) and use -i option for info of suppored modif. of IS-EXE

Found Suggested Overlay Start Position at: 6E000h

Not Valid All-in-One Modification of IS File...

Trying to Check For CAB-file Inside...

NOT Valid All-in-Cab modification of IS File...

Press Enter to Exit! Have a Nice Day.

Edited by MaximilianKohler

• 7 months later...

Hello!

Not unpack UPX compressed exe.

Upx version 3.7 and replace new version upx.exe in bin directory. (and original upx file is not unpack)

Error messenge:

UNRAR 4.01 freeware Copyright © 1993-2011 Alexander Roshal

C:\Ihu.exe is not RAR archive

No files to extract

PeId:

Entrypoint:00C647F0 EP

Section:UPX1

File Offset:00215BF0

First Bytes:60,BE,00,F0

Linker Info:5.0

UPX 0.89.6 - 1.02 / 1.05 - 2.90 -> Markus & Laszlo

Sorry my bad english.

Thanks Gabee

• 1 month later...

Hi,

This is on a different problem to the files extraction problems above, and as this is my first post, I apologise if it is in the wrong place.

Basically, at various times, I and many others have had problems with Manually getting Google Chrome to Update. Now, please bare with me here, I know it doesn't sound like it's got anything to do with Universal Extractor, but, it seems, it does.

Rather than completely re-typing the info of the problem that we have been experiencing directly on here, please visit the following webpage and read the comments, especially from no.208 onwards (near the bottom of the page, at the present time) :-

http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?can=2&start=0&num=100&q=&colspec=ID%20Pri%20Mstone%20ReleaseBlock%20Area%20Feature%20Status%20Owner%20Summary&groupby=&sort=&id=81266

The comment 208 pointed me in the direction of a possible cause for some peoples problems, including myself, and when it worked I then posted comment no. 214, which is where your program comes in.

I'd be interested as to your comments on it and, obviously, if you can do something to create the 'Documents' file somewhere else other than C:\ OR not to create it in the first place as your software program usually creates a file called 'and', in the directory in to which you've extracted the files, which contains the same information.

If you could do this, I believe that it would help out many other people who use both your program AND Google Chrome. Alternatively, you may be of the view that the Google Chrome developers should fix it from their end, but, although I am not a programmer or an experienced Debugger either, I feel that as your program creates the offending file in the first place, that you should see if it's possible to change your code so as to create it in it's own installation folder, for example., and NOT C:\.

Many Thanks

• 3 months later...

Please advise/help

From http://www.legroom.net/

I downloaded to E:\Portable\PaleMoon\Downloads\exe

uniextract161_noinst.rar and

changedefaultbrowser_setup.exe

uniextract161_noinst.rar created

E:\Portable\PaleMoon\Downloads\exe\uniextract161_noinst with several files and subfolders

I ran E:\Portable\PaleMoon\Downloads\exe\uniextract161_noinst\UniExtract.exe

I selected for extraction

E:\Portable\PaleMoon\Downloads\exe\changedefaultbrowser_setup.exe

I got this error message

Signature detected: Inno Setup Setup Data (5.3.10)

This is not directly supported, but i'll try to unpack it as version 5309

; Version detected: 5310

Critical error: The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program.

Unpacking failed. This version is not supported.

Should I expect anything better if I use UniExtract Installer (5.3 MB) instead of UniExtract Binary Archive (4.95 MB) ?

Should I look for an earlier version of changedefaultbrowser_setup.exe

which uses Inno Setup version 5309 but also works with 64 bit Windows 7 ?

Is there anything else you can suggest that would allow me to set Palemoon as my "Default Browser" without installing changedefaultbrowser ?

N.B. I will actually install changedefaultbrowser if that is what it takes - anything to avoid browser caches on my system partition.

Regards

Alan

I Get a error...

It appears to be a(n) Inno Setup installer, which is supported, but extraction failed.

Text file...

Signature detected: Inno Setup Setup Data (5.4.2) (u) This is not directly supported, but i'll try to unpack it as version 5309 ; Version detected: 5402 (Unicode) Critical error: The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program.

Can you please fix it when you get a chance.

Cheers, Galarn.

• 4 weeks later...

I Get a error...

It appears to be a(n) Inno Setup installer, which is supported, but extraction failed.

Text file...

Signature detected: Inno Setup Setup Data (5.4.2) (u) This is not directly supported, but i'll try to unpack it as version 5309 ; Version detected: 5402 (Unicode) Critical error: The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program.

Can you please fix it when you get a chance.

Cheers, Galarn.

innounp.zip

Edited by YCG96

• 2 years later...

ive tried and tried but tis comes up

C:\Users\******\Desktop\Blah\Example.exe
could not be extracted
It appears to be a(n) Installer VISE installer, which is supported, but
extraction failed.
Please see the log file,
C:\Users\******\AppData\Local\Temp\uniextact.txt, for more
infomation.

|-|-|Log file|-|-|

cmdTotal 1.02 © 2006/2007 KaKeeware, http://www.kakeeware.com

Using plugin:     InstExpl.wcx

Using option:     x

Processing file:  C:\Users\******\Desktop\Blah\Example.exe

Target directory: C:\Users\*******\Desktop\Blah\Example\uni_aiicgqm

Help Please?

Error.txt

• 6 months later...

Dear UE creator.

Have been using E_WISE_W.exe for a number of years to automate harvesting of a file from within an installer. Now all of a sudden it stopped working. I suspect the vendor changed something with the installer, but I do not know. the log claims this:

ð E_WISE * WISE SETUP unpacker * Veit Kannegieser * 1999.12.19..2002.07.01
þ reading database of known formats
þ searching start
unknown WISE-version -> contact author
EXE-Type: PE, EXE-size: $0000C600, size of codesegment: $00005BF4

Suggenstions for solutions would be greatly appreciated