periodically being logged out

anonymous_user

• 3 weeks later...

Always remember to check REMEMBER ME when logging in,this will prevent this..... (It is auto checked for me)

http://www.msfn.org/board/login.html

If you click the link above you will see "Remember me?" If it isnt checked,CHECK IT then re-login......... (You should stay logged in after this (UNLESS YOU CLEAR YOUR COOKIES OR CLICK LOGOUT))

If REMEMBER ME is not checked when logging in,your cookie is set to expire which is why you get logged out after a period of NO ACTIVITY..

Good luck :)

Edited by Dude111

Ditto here. Just started having to login a few days ago (apprx beginning of this month November 2008).

Had this problem entire time using Opera 9.5x versions, don't remember ever logging in on the Opera 9.2x series.

When moving up from Opera 9.5x to Opera 9.60 on October 16, 2008, the login problem suddenly went away. Thought it was gone for good. Two weeks later it is back daily.

FWIW, I have noticed far less cookies accumulating in Opera 9.60 though.

But ... since I see others here citing Firefox I guess Opera can be ruled out now.

That Remember Me tick box is definitely checked. I even unchecked and checked it again.

Over, and out.

It's back again. To fix this problem it seems that it can be done via the IPB Admin CP under Tools and Settings > By setting changing the Member's login key: expiration to Do Not Expire.

That's what my Forum is set to and I have no problem with staying logged in.