Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

win 98 files

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

zepiroth

zepiroth
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 18-December 03
im sick and tired of when win 98 ask for the cd when im installing programs
and hardware is there a simple ting to do to avoid this s*** please
help me sometimes it dosent find the s*** on the cd to,

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Shotgun

Shotgun

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Joined 07-November 03
Copy the files under \win98 of the Cd to the hd. Copy all the files inside that dir, but don't copy the subfolders (they're not needed, afaik) to C:\Win98, then whenever Windows 98 asks for the CD browse to that dir and no more CD!

Some Windows 98 installations (98SE, OSR2) copy some of these files under C:\windows\options\cabs so make sure if that dir exists, if it does copy the files from \win98 from the CD there. Leave out the subfolders from the CD.

zepiroth

zepiroth
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 18-December 03
thank you this will help me a lot one more
question im i supposed to copy this files before im starting win 98

Shotgun

Shotgun

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Joined 07-November 03

thank you this will help me a lot one more
question im i supposed to copy this files before im starting win 98

If you already have 98 installed, it doesn't matter. You can copy the files to the folders I mentioned with Windows Explorer. If you have not installed 98, make sure you copy the files to the HD folder \win98 and then run the win98 setup from there. If you install from HD, it will NEVER ask for the 98 cd. Have your CD-key on hand since you gonna need it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users