Request for two things

swapnil0545

I request all of you guyz for 2 things:

1.completeley updated windows XP sp3 till 15th october including mediaplayer,IE,msn messenger,etc.

2.A great tutorial with nlite or RVM integrator.Including how to make use of WPI and make addons ,how to include office 2003 setup and all those.

Also tell us how to make a multiboot dvd eg.the one containing the partition magic,windows xp3,windows vista,etc.

Thank you.

Search really doesn't work here at all anyway. IMO if mods want to throw around the "search you noob" statement, some work really really needs to be done to fix the problems with the search, first.

Unfortunately I can't help you. You're pretty much asking us to give you something on a silver platter. Are you incapable of actually reading information and formulating your own independent thoughts? I never had to ask someone on this forum "how do i shot nlite". Can't you figure your own information out?

I have made some custom XPs but I found much better than mine on the net.

I m able to use nlite easily.

I have some problems wen theres no application available for latest xp3 and like that stuffs.

I m not able to make a multi boot dvd.how to make use of WPI,etc

Search really doesn't work here at all anyway. IMO if mods want to throw around the "search you noob" statement, some work really really needs to be done to fix the problems with the search, first.

I completely disagree. I never had the search function not find the post I was looking for. There's 3 search methods even (google search, simple search, advanced search). It comes down to knowing what keywords to use and such. I don't know what else you could even ask for.

You are free to post your request about search feature over at Invision IPB forums.

I completely disagree. I never had the search function not find the post I was looking for. There's 3 search methods even (google search, simple search, advanced search). It comes down to knowing what keywords to use and such. I don't know what else you could even ask for.

Floodgates? You really want to open that?

Something better than such a poorly written algorithm that it completely blocks searches that contain unique keywords that are less than 3 characters long, like "IE", "if", "or", "on", "MS", so on and so forth... would be quite beneficial. As the current search system is, you have to play "BOXING" with it, finding combinations of words that actually turn up results, but don't turn up the entire website of results... and if you change your mind about a keyword, you can't just go back, change it, and search again, thanks to search flooding. Plus, the default behavior is, for some ridiculous reason, an "or" system, that isn't even based on relevancy, it's based on time. So if you search for "IE freezes on runonce page", well, first, your search will be declined because you can't search for "IE"... but if you could, you'd get every topic in the forum that contains the word "on", sorted by last post first.

Okay, so there's that Google as well. Doesn't exactly work very well, since I may as well just search Google for the answer. There are many replies it doesn't index, but it often does end up being the only way to find any useful information around here. Problem with Google is, it only works for the first search. If you change a keyword, it silently gets switched to "web search" and you start searching the whole internet. When you notice that, and switch back to forums search, you're always, without fail, greeted with a message that no results were found, I guess thanks to messed up Google configuration. So you always have to go all the way back to the MSFN page, enter a new search term, and search again from there.

That. That, is why I say that telling someone to "just" search is anything but "just".

You are free to post your request about search feature over at Invision IPB forums.

I'm just curious if you actually keep the forum software up to date; if I did post a request, as I imagine hundreds of thousands of others would have by now, would it ever find its way here? I mean, MSFN is really the only forum I frequent that has such a "trainwreck" of a search function (and, as I had brought this up a few times in the past, several others seem to agree). I figure if IPB really wanted to maintain any amount of market interest, they would have fixed such a huge problem by now. That only leaves one assumption, that it's just not being updated here... so I'm just wondering if it is actually being kept up to date. :unsure:

Edited by Volatus

I don't see any reason why I have to proof something but here it is:

IP.Board Version (History) v2.3.6 (ID: 23010)

03/10-2008

Upgraded to 2.3.6 version. Introduced reCaptcha validation.

20/05-2008

Upgraded to 2.3.5 version

14/03-2008

Installed IP.Board 2.3.4 Security Enhancements Patch (Updated)

26/02-2008

Installed IP.Board 2.3.4 Security Enhancements Patch

10/01-2008

Upgraded to v2.3.4

20/6-2007

Upgraded to v2.3.1

19/6-2007

Installed all v2.3.0 patches

Nothing more to say about this.

Wow. I didn't think the IPB developers would still be to blame for years of broken search functionality. Pardon my assumption then.

Off to IPB forums then.

edit: Yay 200th post! ^-^

Edited by Volatus

I request all of you guyz for 2 things:

1.completeley updated windows XP sp3 till 15th october including mediaplayer,IE,msn messenger,etc.

2.A great tutorial with nlite or RVM integrator.Including how to make use of WPI and make addons ,how to include office 2003 setup and all those.

Also tell us how to make a multiboot dvd eg.the one containing the partition magic,windows xp3,windows vista,etc.

Thank you.

1. Grab a copy of HFSLIP.

2. Install Office 2003 via RunOnceEx.