Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Remote Desktop logout issue

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,958 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

Here's the situation.

I have a Server 2003 machine that a user needs to remote into. The server is a member computer (not delegated) of a Server 2008 domain. I created a domain user account, and assigned him to the Remote Desktop Users group. I set the logon hours to be M-F 6am to 5pm. This particular user only works from 7AM to 2PM. I added the Domain\Remote Desktop Users group and the Domain\User to the LOCAL\Administrators group.

This configuration actually works, but there is a problems. The user gets disconnected (logged out) approx every hour or less. The Domain Policy is set for maximum inactivity time of 11 hours (default). He will log in, and work around a bit, then maybe 30 minutes of inactivity, he gets disconnected. This isn't a set time, sometimes its an hour, sometimes 2 hours, sometimes 20 minutes...

Any idea as to what the problem could be?
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
tpxmsfn1_zps393339c1.jpg

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

cluberti

cluberti

Gustatus similis pullus

• Supervisor
  • 11,252 posts
  • Joined 09-September 01
Not sure, but I would suggest enabling logon/logoff, process, and security auditing - it should tell you why the user was logged off.
MCTS Windows Internals, MCITP Server 2008 EA, MCTS MDT/BDD, MCSE/MCSA Server 2003, Server 2012, Windows 8
--------------------
Please read the rules before posting!
Please consider donating to MSFN to keep it up and running!

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,958 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

I've enabled account auditing for logon failure on both the Domain Controller and the member server. I also edited the Global Domain Policy to set inactive timeout to 6 hours. I will have to see if that has any effect, or can tell me something.
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
tpxmsfn1_zps393339c1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users