WindowsXP-KB956391-x86

Bugs Bunny

This hotfix does not install any files, it just makes registry changes. However, it's branching information does seem to indicate that it does not check for any other hotfixes before installing.

Are you sure that you have the same IE files in your %windir%\system32 and %windir%\system32\dllcache folders? For example, do you have 7.x versions (say mshtml.dll) in \system32 and 6.x versions in \system32\dllcache (or vice-versa). I've seen the (failed) integration of Internet Explorer 7 (and some IE hotfixes) cause all kinds of "missing hotfix' grief post-build.

Find the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\{0002E510-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}

'Compatibility Flags' should be set to '0x00000400 (1024)'. It is probably getting written over because during registering components phase in setup something sets it to 0x00040000. And if so you have to find some way of setting it back to 0x00000400 after T13.

* I don't use HFSLIP, rather I have my own update pack w/ nLite as integration and noticed that because of that key being overwritten MU thinks it isn't installed and saw this thread; and fixed it by creating it again at 13 minutes left.

Edited by redxii