Should I have intergrated SP2 while integrating SP3?

malcolmx

Hello everyone, I have one simple (I guess) question for you guys.

Does SP3 requires SP2 to be already integrated while I am making nlited instalation?

I does bother me, MS says that SP3 requires SP1 to be installed on to a OS if you want to upgrade to SP3, but the doesn't mention the unattenden instalation (like they always do).

So Nuhi (or abybody else), do I have to integrate SP2 before integrate SP3? or maybe SP1 is enough? Or maybe, just maybe I can integrate SP3 with a clean XP ISO (w/o SP's)? I did so once and encountered no errors but i doesn't seem to be right anyway.

Edited by malcolmx

maybe I can integrate SP3 with a clean XP ISO (w/o SP's)? I did so once and encountered no errors but i doesn't seem to be right anyway.

That's the best way to do it. What doesn't seem to be right if I may ask ?

maybe I can integrate SP3 with a clean XP ISO (w/o SP's)? I did so once and encountered no errors but i doesn't seem to be right anyway.

That's the best way to do it. What doesn't seem to be right if I may ask ?

It's just my guess. Look, since MS advises SP1 to BE installed (but not sure if integrated as well), it may mean that SP3 is not fully cumulative pack, and may not include all updates, hotfixes, etc.

What I did with that clean ISO was only integrated SP3, and installed it a MS Virtual PC, but I haven't put this instalation on a further tests.

malcolmx,

Other posters here have stated explicitly that on a running computer you need to have SP1 before you can install SP3. If you are using nLite, you integrate only SP3.

Please search the forum if you seek more information.

Enjoy, John.