What Video card are you using with Win9x?

T.N.G.O.G.

Just wanted to know. I am using this one:

92phecjfglzevdprt2k2.jpg

Using the Nvidia 77.72 drivers. I also wanted to suggest that you also buy the OC 6200 card, it has 256MB onboard, but when looking in Dxdiag it says 251.5MB and there is no AGP Texture acceleration on. However don't let that fool you, i can Max out Quake 4 with AAX2 on and get 30-60fps, Prey at almost Max settings and get 25-70. Flatout 2 funs fast as hell, 30-87fps.

This card runs better in win9x IMO. And runs older games without issues, depending on what driver you use.

Also note: Using the BFG 6200, we are limited to only 5 drivers. The 77.72, 81.85, 82.16 , 81.89 and the 82.69. Anything lower then the 77.72 we can't use on win9x. Also keep in mind, you may have video problems using the 82.69, which is why i never use them. I just have 77.72 install with coolbits. I haven't tried overclocking yet tho.

The Specs on the 6200 OC BFG is , 256MB DDR2( Its not DDR, but DDR2 ) 64bit bus, the Core is 350 and the memory is 532, no wonder its fast. If you have any questions about the card, just ask.

Btw my system specs in my sig. :)

Edited by T.N.G.O.G.

Why doesn't your motherboard have an AGP slot?

My Motherboard is this: Intel 810 Chip. In XP, AGP texture acceleration is enabled, but IN win9x its disable, but i do not have any AGP slots on my motherboard, believe me i have check many times lol. I have 4 PCI slots.

14" CRT monitor? What is that capable of - 800 x 600?

You might of never the part where i said i was max out Quake 4, that means at 1280x1024 on a 14inch monitor.

Now to answer your question, a 14inch Monitor supports 1280x1024 32bit. I play all my games at 1024x768 or 1280x1024.

Edited by T.N.G.O.G.

Hello T.N.G.O.G!

The most powerful video card I use ( do not laugh) is the Nvidia Fx5200 PCI 128 mb.

This is sufficient for me to play Doom II, Final Doom, and The Ultimate Doom! It adds fantastic vibrancy of colors. The only other games I play are ThreadMarks (the best tank game I've come across yet)---and

Corridor 7, Hexen, Heretic,Alien Cabal, Ken's Labyrinth--and the Atari 80 classic games CD collection.

My Windows 95 machine is using a Cirrus Logic 5446 card! Old, yes, but still good enough to get perfect icons and cursors to work with clarity and detail.

I've got an old Nvidia gforce 4 for my PC with an AGP slot, but it has problems and will most likely need to be replaced.

I've got cards from when Win 95 first came out, and have probably used most of them at one time or another.

I used to find them at Thrift stores and such for 1 to 3 dollars a piece, so I stocked up on them.

Yes, I like old stuff, and big, heavy, off white desktop computers from the old days!

I found quite a few of these, and repaired most of them after Katrina.

Most had a Win 9x OS installed!

Got an nvidia FX 5200 here too. It is a good card for 2D, I can't report on 3D/gaming capabilities because the main use of this machine is photo editing and graphics work. Bought it recently from ebay, "new in factory sealed box" (which turned out to be true in this case), mainly because it is passively cooled and can do DVI widescreen. My previous card the venerable TNT2 can display 16:10 also, but only analog. In combination with the 82.69 driver the FX 5200 has been well behaved, produces stunning color, and the DVI quality is superb. Plus it was $20. :w00t:

Edited by chromatic47

The FX5200 is pretty good, i still have the EVGA version, only used it for about 2 weeks, so its still kinda brand new. It has shader model 2.0 and a 128MB onboard, its pretty good and powerful. Infact, its just as powerful has the FX5500, only thing the FX5500 has 256mB and has a 128bit bus, and the core and memory clock is slighly higher, but overall the FX5200 is great. :thumbup

I am looking into buying the Sparkle 8400GS, or the Albatron 8400GS, or 8500GT or the 8600GT. I have to do some testing and hope the 5 win9x drivers work with one of those cards :o

If anyone wants to view the new pci cards, have a look here:

Albatron PCI 8 Series cards:

http://www.albatron.com.tw/English/product/vga/pro_index.asp

Go down to the bottom of the list:

albatron_pci8600gt.jpg

And the sparkle pci cards:

http://www.sparkle.com.tw/product.asp?id=86

8400GS_T1_fan_F%20copy.jpg

I hope to have one very soon :) I hope the 82.69 drivers work with one of them tho.

Edited by T.N.G.O.G.

:blink: A geforce 5 or 6 with a pci slot(not pci-e)!!!

XIIIIT!!! Who and where sells those cards?

They also have 8 series geforce which i have posted. They have alot of FX AND 6 series pci cards, just go over to Newegg.

I'm using an ati radeon 7500(32MB) AGP 4x. this card is good, but the f****** drivers that i need isn't exists on internet(i need catalyst 4.3, last versions sux and ati doesn't offer other).

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=124673

Hey chillinfart, check that thread soon, i will post the link the 4.3 drivers which i uploaded for you, from my Diamond 5.0 driver disc, it has the Diamond 4.3 drivers and they work marvelous :thumbup

I have tried to get the 5200 to work in my win 95 machine, but even though it is “supposed” to have support and the drivers for it on the CD, it just does not load up all the features ( most importantly, the control panel that allows you to change the vibrancy of the colors! I usually slide the vibrancy almost all the way up!

That’s the way to really play Doom! And one or two error boxes appear when the machine boots up, asking for some kind of dll it cannot find.

If anyone has one of these working in a 95 box, please post how you got all the features to work!

I have tried to get the 5200 to work in my win 95 machine, but even though it is “supposed” to have support and the drivers for it on the CD, it just does not load up all the features ( most importantly, the control panel that allows you to change the vibrancy of the colors! I usually slide the vibrancy almost all the way up!

That’s the way to really play Doom! And one or two error boxes appear when the machine boots up, asking for some kind of dll it cannot find.

If anyone has one of these working in a 95 box, please post how you got all the features to work!

What drivers are you using? Try using the 56.64

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win9x_56.64.html

T.N.G.O.G

I’m using whatever drivers are on the CD. It opens up to a 95, 98, and Me install screen (the install program) and copies whatever it fancies too. I’ve never explored the CD to just single out any 95 drivers.

I will see if it works with what you suggested, but I have always assumed that this driver package from the site must be what is on the CD.