Error on Page

Evanhoe

Hi,

Some new little problem! When I click My Assistant,instead of opening it,I get ''Error on Page'' at the lower left end of the page! This is new.Any idea what has suddenly caused this? Thanks.

I'm using our Win 98 se computer, if that can help!

Pls Note,that I posted this problem before,but it seems it got lost somehow!

I would really love to solve this glitch.Thanks.

As Nerwin said, this belongs in Site & Forum issues.

That link initiates some JavaScript. Does your browser support JavaScript?

[ Moved ]

Hi,

This belongs in Site & Forum issues....duly noted,thanks

Does your browser support JavaScript?

I believe so! I checked C/Windows, and Java is listed there,but how can I tell if it's Enabled? There's a ton of stuff in there! Thanks for trying to help.

Tain,

Thanks for the above,it did show that I can use javascript.Furthermore,in IE..Tools...Internet Options...Security,my indicated level is in fact set at ''Medium'',so why do I keep getting ''Error on Page'' when I click ''My Assistant''? Can you advise further? Thanks a lot.

If your signature is a hint you should upgrade to IE7 and SP3.

Can't do this, since this Computer that I'm trying to fix the Error thing on, is a Win 98 se OS.

So,one can't rely on the signature in this case.Thanks anyway.

Ah, an even better reason to update to a modern OS. That will fix the issues for sure.

Hi Tarun,

As a matter of fact I have Win XP Pro on my Computer,and I'm waiting for Windows 7 to come out and update!

This error query I want help with,appears on my wife's Computer (Win 98 se OS).So can you help us fix this?Thanks.

Being up to date with the latest software is the best solution, since 9x/Me is no longer updated you're more at risk and also miss out on browsers like IE7, Firefox 3, Opera 9.6 and others that have more updated web compliance.

Being up to date with the latest software is the best solution, since 9x/Me is no longer updated you're more at risk and also miss out on browsers like IE7, Firefox 3, Opera 9.6 and others that have more updated web compliance.

Tarun,

I know all that,and I guess you can't help.Thanks anyway.

Actually I am helping. The problem is a browser issue and if you were on up-to-date software the issue would no longer occur.

Thanks,but you pointed all this before.You know,a couple of months ago,I was able to click on My Assistant,and I did'nt get this error thing!Something happened to screw this up,and I'm convinced someone has a simple fix for this!

Actually I am helping. The problem is a browser issue and if you were on up-to-date software the issue would no longer occur.

Thanks,but you pointed all this before.You know,a couple of months ago,I was able to click on My Assistant,and I did'nt get this error thing!Something happened to screw this up,and I'm convinced someone has a simple fix for this!

Let us say, for example, that this site uses a code feature that wasn't adopted into the standard at the time your browser came out. THis can cause this type of behaviour. You should be able to find old versions of browsers, like Firefox or Opera, and try using the site with those and see if it works properly for you.

Also, if you have the "error on page" thing down there, you can double-click on it and it will tell you where the error is.

Another reason to get this when the website is perfectly fine and the browser is working properly is that the entirety of the page code is acquired during the GET action, which can cause this. Or, for example, IE is using an outdated locally cached include file (like a JD or CSS or anything) and the one on the website has been revised. if these two files (the new website files and the cached files) do not match up (such as making calls to elements that have been renamed, removed or added) you will get this message as well.

EDIT: there is no simple fix. Recommended steps:

1. Clear temporary internet files (with ie closed).

2. Clear history

3. Clear cookies

4. Reboot (to remove possible session data)

5. go back to the page

6. Post your error (if it comes back) to this thread.

But all in all, this isn't a site issue as much as a software problem imo.

Edited by Tripredacus