creating unattend.xml

dkreifus

DOes anyone know of a good easy way to create an unattend.xml? Or maybe a guide with all the options, as well as syntax. I tried following the Microsoft guide, but it reads worse than a foreign instruction manual.

I simply need to disable IPv6. I am going to try to script a regedit on the WinPE image but I would like to use the offical way of using the unattend.xml. Maybe even make more changes with that.

I've tried loading WAIK, but the thing gives me errors every time I tried to load a WIM file. And without that, I can't do anything.

DOes anyone know of a good easy way to create an unattend.xml? Or maybe a guide with all the options, as well as syntax. I tried following the Microsoft guide, but it reads worse than a foreign instruction manual.

I simply need to disable IPv6. I am going to try to script a regedit on the WinPE image but I would like to use the offical way of using the unattend.xml. Maybe even make more changes with that.

I've tried loading WAIK, but the thing gives me errors every time I tried to load a WIM file. And without that, I can't do anything.

There are no options in the unattend.xml file that will allow you to disable IPv6 during Windows Setup. One way to do this is after the OS is installed to disable it with the DisabledComponents regisrty value. The VBscript below will accomplish this:

Set objShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

strIPv6 = "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters\DisabledComponents"

objShell.RegWrite strIPv6, "255", "REG_DWORD"

Since I don't know what you're trying to accomplish, I'll tell you what I do. I have VBScript in HTML Applications that need to know the device's IP address, so when I retrieve it from WMI I use the InStr function to determine if there is a "." in it so I know it's IPv4 instead of IPv6 with ":" as the separator.