Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

CD Burner not showing up as burner in WMP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Idontwantspam

Idontwantspam

Nerd-in-Chief

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
For some reason, Windows Media Player is not seeing my laptop's CD/DVD burner as a burner, meaning I can't burn media disks. I can reboot into XP to do this, but that's kind of a pain. Does anyone know of a solution for this?
-Idontwantspam

What's your home network like?
Windows 7: It does fancy!

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

MCT

MCT

MSFN Junkie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,291 posts

this doesnt solve your WMP problem, but its an alternative solution.

what if u try another burning software? something like CDBurnerXP (free) or Nero (30 day trial)
theres MANY others too, but they r fairly popular alternatives

Possible Solution?
have you tried to upgrade your firmware? I found a thread saying it solved his problem

Edited by MCT, 01 November 2008 - 08:45 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image
Windows 7 32Bit 2GB Ram 120GB HDD (Laptop), Windows 8 4GB Ram 1TB HDD (Desktop) Windows XP SP3 VM with enhancements!

Idontwantspam

Idontwantspam

Nerd-in-Chief

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
As it turns out, running WMP as administrator made it work. Apparently there's some restriction which prevents regular users from burning disks. I'd think it would give me a UAC prompt for that sort of thing, but apparently it just pretends there is no burner. At least I got it to work! Thanks for the suggestion though ;)
-Idontwantspam

What's your home network like?
Windows 7: It does fancy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN