Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

SOLVED: drivers from CD

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
465 replies to this topic

RaynotRoy

RaynotRoy

• 28 posts
is it possible to put setupORG.exe and presetup.cmd into the $OEM$\$$\SYSTEM32 directory? it sounds easier than adding entries in txtsetup.sif

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

zzzz

zzzz

Intermediate

• 44 posts

On my CD I have the following directories for my drivers:

I:\xpcd\$OEM$\$1\drivers
|
|---00-av
|
|---01-chip

what do I put here?
%CDDRIVE%\OEM\bin\SetDevicePath.exe %SystemDrive%\drivers

John

Why do you need this method if you copy the drivers directory to your hard-drive?
And that line you posted is inside the presetup.cmd is it? you don't really know this method.

Björn_2

Björn_2
  • 3 posts
Hi,

I have a problem during an installation of a hp d230m

During the hardware setup in gui setup a blue screen appears with an error message, that there is a problem with the portcls.sys.

There is no way to install this computer with the driver pack.

I used the sound, graphics, chipset and lan packages in the newest version.

I hope, that anybody can help me.

Thx a lot
Björn

I removed the sound pack and the blue screen does not appear. But I don't want to solve the problem in this way.

Edited by Björn_2, 07 January 2006 - 11:57 AM.

5eraph

5eraph

Update Packrat

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,140 posts

Donator

Björn_2, update DriverPacks_BASE to v6.01. The problem has just been fixed.

Edited by 5eraph, 09 January 2006 - 04:17 PM.

Björn_2

Björn_2
  • 3 posts

Björn_2, update DriverPacks_BASE to v6.01. The problem has just been fixed.

I used DriverPacks_BASE v6.01 but the problem exists anymore. I tried to integrate the KB888111 Hotfix myself with the KB888111.exe /integrate: method and the integrate-method of base 6.01. But nothing work.

I think, that there is a wrong driver windows tried to install. Is it possible to get out which driver will be installed during T-35?

Thx
Björn

DisabledTrucker

DisabledTrucker

The truck or you is disabled?

• PipPip
  • 274 posts
Has anyone been successful in converting this method to x64 yet? I've seen attempts at it, but nothing that resembles this method as they all required the use of WinNT.sif which is what I'm hoping to avoid.
Matthew 22:36-40

"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the law?" And he, (Jesus,) said to him, "You shall love the Lord Your GOD with all your heart and all your soul and with all your mind. This is the greatest and first commandment. And the second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets."

Bâshrat the Sneaky

Bâshrat the Sneaky

aka Wim Leers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Has anyone been successful in converting this method to x64 yet? I've seen attempts at it, but nothing that resembles this method as they all required the use of WinNT.sif which is what I'm hoping to avoid.

It's been converted to Windows x64 Edition months ago. There's even a tutorial. ;)

Shijilal

Shijilal
  • 5 posts
Sorry for adding this comment which actually points to some problems which were been discussed very back regarding svcpack.inf not working. But as i think this to be useful to someone who hasn't yet solved their problem regarding svcpack.inf,i am telling you what went wrong with my package.

Actually i am using Pyrons method(presetup.cmd, updated setup.ex files and all stuffs) as it helps to inculde custom drivers and all.
Everything works fine till i found my svcpack.inf is not working.I was thinking like others that there was some problem with pyrons method.

Then as evilvoice suggested(not to me,but in the forum) i tried running setup form my orginal setup.ex removing pyrons setup.ex,but still couldn't have svcpak.inf running. So i understood there wasnt and it isn't because of any problem with pyrons method but there is some other basic problem that needs to be sorted out first

Then i went down to check everything from the scratch.That search ended in my svcpack.inf file where in the version part it was given as :

;Windows XP
[Version]
Signature=" NT$"
MajorVersion=5
MinorVersion=1
BuildNumber=2600

which is incorrect and it was supposed to be like this for XP

[Version]
Signature="$Windows NT$"
MajorVersion=5
MinorVersion=1
BuildNumber=2600

Actually i have done all my initial work on unattended Xp from Alanoll unattended windows guide. Its a nice guide and i should thank allonol for his wonderful compilation work.
But this small error is there which needs to be corrected.

Allanol if you happen to read this hope you will correct that mistake.

Hope this experiece of mine will help someone else in their cause.

NB: I havent gone full throught this forum and if anyone has pointed out this earlier please ignore this.

Edited by Shijilal, 13 April 2006 - 11:04 PM.

Guest_dpbarry_*

Guest_dpbarry_*
  • Guests
Hi Folks..

I've been trying to follow through the installation of the Bashrat's driverpacks and seem to have been successful in running the 'Run_me.cmd' file. I'm interested in integrating the whole set of driverpacks.

I followed through the steps required and I now have with a 'WinXPSp2_integrated' folder which is sitting a 722MB.

This is the bit I am stuck at.

How do I fit this on a CD? (or do I?)

I can use the RVM_Integrator to create an ISO which takes it to 747MB which obviously won't fit on a CD so do I put it on a DVD or is there something I missed in the initial setup of the integration.

Confused.

Declan

5eraph

5eraph

Update Packrat

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,140 posts

Donator

You'll have to remove some Windows components with nLite or remove some DriverPacks to fit it on CD unless your burner can overburn. Otherwise, you'll have to use a DVD. I posted a more detailed answer for you here:

http://www.ryanvm.ne...opic.php?t=2107

Beest

Beest

• 18 posts
I have used this method on my RIS installation

but

anyone knows why when I use the Driverpacks and add them to my RIS installation it does not do the cmdlines.txt anymore. Therefore also does not run the RunOnceEx.cmd.

Does this has to do with the setup.ex_ and the setuporg.exe?

Nicodotbat

Nicodotbat
  • 3 posts
HI All

I am asking for some advice, on remote Unattended installation.
I have been installing both Xp and Windows2000 remotely on to PC and laptop's recently with no problems at all, and it has made life a lot easier. Recently I was presented with a new PC to carry out a remote installation of windows 2000 plus other applications, and at the time thought this should be easy, how wrong I was!

The New PC uses SATA RAID disks, after reading through the doc's I installed win2000 remotely, so far so good, upon bootup, the Windows 2000 setup message F6, install third Party SCSI or Raid adapter. pressing F6 and "S" to select the A drive, the process of copying the files began, after a short while a message appear:

Setup cannot copy the file: aar81xx.sys from the floppy

This happened for other files on the floppy : aar81xx.inf
aar81xx.cat
a81xxmgt.inf
a81xxmgt.cat

This I tried several times with new floppy disks with no success and eventually, I decided to install Windows 2000 server by hand directly onto the new PC, along with the floppy disk containing the driver, no problems were observed and the system booted correctly.

I have looked around the forums for a possible solution to my problem, and wondered if PYRONS method would resolve the above but ideally, I wish to save the files from the drivers floppy disk onto the remote server and install them automatically. I have done this with other drivers for network cards with no problems, it appears the SATA RAID driver needs more work to install and configure it remotely.

Any help on the above would be much appreciated, I can give more information on my configuration if this is needed right now.

Thanks

BoaSoft

BoaSoft

• 11 posts
[q]The New PC uses SATA RAID disks, after reading through the doc's I installed win2000 remotely, so far so good, upon bootup, the Windows 2000 setup message F6, install third Party SCSI or Raid adapter. pressing F6 and "S" to select the A drive, the process of copying the files began, after a short while a message appear:

Setup cannot copy the file: aar81xx.sys from the floppy[/q]

Please, do not use oempreinstall=Yes in unattenden anserver file.

If oempreinstall=Yes F6 not work.

booster

booster

Junior

• Pip
  • 63 posts
It would be nice if there could be made a version of SetDevicePath.exe that only added folders with a INF file inside.

Would reduce the string length in the DevicePath in registry.

I have some problems where I have a lot of folders in my Drivers folder, making the SetDevicePath.exe not working.
If I remove some folders it works fine.

For example I have a audio driver for an IBM Intellistation where there are 20 subfolders with language files.
The same with an audio driver for an IBM M55.

I think I could remove some of those folders, but I not sure.
Anyway if the SetDevicePath.exe only added folders with an INF file in it, it would reduce the length of the string a lot.

For now my DevicePath in registry is 15077 characters long :(

EDIT:
I found this http://www.vernalex....tools/spdrvscn/
But dont know (yet) if it can be run from the presetup.cmd file.
This one only adds folders with an INF file in it.

EDIT2:
Just tested, it works flawless on Windows XP.
My DevicePath in registry is now 1804 characters :thumbup

Other ideas are welcome :)

Edited by booster, 11 December 2006 - 05:11 AM.

SBacklin

SBacklin
  • 8 posts
So as you might have guessed already, the neat stuff happens in presetup.cmd.
The driveletter of the CD is searched first:
CODE
set tagfile=\WIN51
for %%i in (c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z) do if exist "%%i:%tagfile%" set CDDRIVE=%%i:

(thanks to serialsz for the shorter version, slightly modified)

Remark: note that the tagfile might be different for you. You might have to change it to '\WIN51IP' or '\WIN51.SP2'.

I have a question about this part. My installation source has WIN51 and WIN51IP and WIN51.sp2. Since it says I might have to change it, which of the three I listed should I use?

SBacklin

SBacklin
  • 8 posts
I also noticed for this following section:

7. edit TXTSETUP.SIF directly under [SourceDisksFiles] to include the following entries:
CODE
setupORG.exe = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0
presetup.cmd = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0

These two are absolutely neccessary, everything else can come from CD later on.

There are different sections with the SourceDisksFiles. Which one do I put those two above entries under? The first one?

Sonic

Sonic

Sonic

• Patrons
  • 1,603 posts
@SBacklin:
1) Choose one file, it can be anything, the file acts as a "marker" only.
2) It's under the first [SourceDisksFiles] only.

SBacklin

SBacklin
  • 8 posts
Thanks for the reply. I ended up using the stuff from Driverpacks.net It worked just fine. My installation and login seemed a bit sluggish. I tried the doing the activation trick listed in the unattended setup guide but, I believe I made an error and that was the only issue. The drivers slipstreaming worked. I just got to work out a couple kinks.

fatlam

fatlam
  • 7 posts
i try this way.but not successful.i will try agian.

shafaet

shafaet
  • 2 posts
hi crazyboot and evilvoice have u guys find the solution yet. i am also having the same problem like u guys, some of my device drivers are not installing, only my 3com lan driver has succesfully insatlled.

is the setdevicepath is occuring the problems.

Edited by shafaet, 22 April 2007 - 05:13 AM.

AcidCorps

AcidCorps

• 18 posts
Ok I know this is pretty close if not impossible with what can and can't run during presetup but I was wondering if anybody knew a way I could have WPI or a menu similar to WPI start up during presetup (any third party tools or anything that would make it work is not an issue) if anyone knows where I could start looking let me know.

So far I've been working with both AutoIt and WPI to try to get one of them to start using Dependency Walker to see what files are required for these programs to work but still no luck.

toastycheese678

toastycheese678

Junior

• Pip
  • 64 posts
I want to use those tools to for my network installation of windows XP. However, when setup is copying over the files, I receive a message saying SetupORG.exe cannot be copied and Presetup.cmd cannot be copied. I am assuming an entry in the txtsetup.sif needs to be updated because it is from the network rather than the CD.

What else do I need to change in the Presetup.cmd to make this work

Thank you
-Toastycheese678-

tain

tain

Cyber Ops

• Super Moderator
  • 3,680 posts

Donator

Please note that there are other methods of doing this that are explained in other threads within this subforum. You may want to try those if this method doesn't work for you. Pyron hasn't posted here in a very long time so you may get better support from the other projects.

toastycheese678

toastycheese678

Junior

• Pip
  • 64 posts
Thank you very much I will check them out
-Toastycheese678-

Joc

Joc

Junior

• Pip
  • 91 posts
This method is working correctly, but I have a little problem with it:

I made on my DVD a directory named Drivers. It has many subdirs with extracted drivers of all driverpacks. it is about 1.4 GB. I know, but I have space on the DVD, why I have to extract file to my hard drive? Thats the problem. After presetup.cmd my system is frozen, the DVD drive is working-working, but nothing happens. Interesting: with virtualbox (wmvare like software, but free) it is OK.
One time I left my computer to work, after about 1 hour the setup continued and every hardware was recognised correctly.

Is it normal?

Other: I made a service DVD with BartPE. I made a little change in the PROGRAMS hive: I modified the DevicePath key to point on my DVD/Drivers subdir (and recursively ofc. It is about a 15000 byte long field...). Same as before: during recognising my HW, the system was hunged up, DVD was worked also. I ejected the DVD, but the system was too busy to continue, I think it tried to solve the path of my drivers. No error messages or something similar.

Can anyone help me?

(Sorry about my english... Maybe everybody understood me! :))

Joc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN