Fallout 3

CaptainStacks

what are you all using for a controller ???

will the XBOX360 controller work on my PC ??

Keyboard and mouse all the way!

XBOX controllers do work, have use done before..don't knwo if it will work on FO3, never tried, but you can use them on a PC.

Keyboard and mouse all the way! :o

WOW no kidding, last time i tried that was an old tom Clancy's rainbow 6 game

it drove me nutzzzzz :crazy: how do ya keep the key's strait ????

made me give up on first person games until now.

new computer new start, new toys. :thumbup

been surviving on C&C all this time, ready to step up to the big boys toys.

although i just got warcraft3 so that will distract me for a bit.LOL

thanks for the info

James

Typically, I try to use the same keys for all games. The first thing I ever do after installing a new (FPS for example) game is to redo the keys.

I can't stand using controllers for FPS, and I am terrible playing games on XBOX or anything else. I use my mouse with really high sensitivity, so I can't stand the sluggishness of controllers.

i supose its all what you get used to.

i'll have to give it a try.

resetting the keys might help,

getting used to them will defenetly help.:)

i'll practice on lost planet, then try stepping up to fallout.

And don't forget, if you want to try the keyboard, you don't always have to use WASD for movement. This seems to be popular, but I find it very easy to hit the wrong keys, so I always use the arrow keys for movement, and change the keys around them for other stuff like reload, switch weapon, croutch, etc. As I mentioned above, I haven't played Fallout 3 yet, but the key layout I used for Oblivion was the same I use for Quake 3 and the same I had used for Doom II.

• 2 weeks later...

well i upgraded to a gamer laptop, so graphics are sweet and no longer an issue. :thumbup

so now its still the keys that are getting me.

i picked up a N52TE key pad. having trouble keying it in right ??

i will have to check for a post on it, or start on if there is not one here yet. with a lil luck one of you guys will have one and meat me in the new post to help me set it up.

Oblivion is definitely next on my must play list, then its on to Fallout. :thumbup

hey guys, are Oblivion and fallout 3 rush threw games?? or can you take your time and wander around looking for cool stuff or just checking things out ?? kinda like metal gear solid, or is it more like lost planet or medal of honor ?? in lost planet you have an eco soot that you have to keep filled up so you have to rush to the next check point to fill it or kill a bug to get a little. if ya run out of bugs you gotta hurry. i found in medal of honor you really need to run threw killing fast and move as well.

i like games that you cam spend more time wandering around in. metal gear has limited wandering space, but you can go slow and check out or kill as you feel the mood.

I'm looking to get a new game and was wondering if Oblivion and fallout 3 fell more into the wander and kill as you want mode or more of the rush if you want to live kind of thing ??

so how about a whats it like on them ?? :w00t:

I have "completed" Oblivion so far, never played Fallout 3 but I understand its the same thing. The cool thing about Oblivion is that you can do anything you want. You choose whether or not to follow any quest you are given, or even playing the main quest. After you load the game, you can ignore your "destiny" altogether and do whatever you want. If that means you want to collect brooms, or kill everyone, or go around making potions or eating all the plants you can find, it is up to you. In fact, with both of these games, after you complete the main quest, you can still play it and go about and do whatever you want. There are a bunch of side quests, and different factions you can join and such. And if that eventually gets boring, there are large modding communities for both games to add extra content into them. Be it new quests, factions, houses, boats, enemies, races, weapons, you name it.

The only thing that becomes a pain is if you start using mods is that your program folder can get very large! :lol:

sweet, that the kind of game im looking for. a game i will still play 3 years from now.

i still play my C&C games from 10 years ago, just love them lil critters.

looking forward to Oblivion first then fallout.

just have to let the wallet recover from buying this laptop a bit first.:(

thanks

James

I finished it and the first add on, just coz I'm a huge fan of the game.

But I have to confess that I'm a fan of an Interplay game.

#'d one seems like an atomic bomb feel down on oblivion => it's short, and boring.

It doesn't have all the great atmosphere of the first and second games...