Fallout 3

CaptainStacks

• 3 weeks later...

I like the game so far, as the OP said it feels like Oblivion, and Oblivion is one of my favorite games :)

i just wish that the weapon system was a little better, the guns and their aiming seems a bit dummied down.

it also is a pretty good looking game, not as good as Oblivion but i guess that it because Oblivion has such beautiful nature, Fallout 3 is just an atomic wasteland..

• 3 weeks later...
At least on the PC, since Fallout 3 was based on Oblivion, is it modder friendly? Has any mods been made for it yet?
Well, Bethesda just released the GECK, which is basically a SDK. So, mods should arrive soon.
Hey guys, just wondering if any of you have been playing Fallout 3.

I'm personally loving it. Sure, it kind of feels like Oblivion, but is that really a bad thing?

I'm a big fan of the Fallout serie (even Fallout tactics...) and I was really afraid they'd kill the Fallout spirit but nope, it's really a GREAT game :thumbup .

Actually, I like this game so much that I won't touch GTA IV before I finish it (and I mean side missions and at least several ends)!

A bit more humour and a fully PC optimized interface would have been nice though.

I spent about 1000 hours on Oblivion over two years time. I spent 105 on Fallout 3 before wrapping up the main quest and am struggling to get another character going. While Bethesda did a lot of things better than in Oblivion, I can't seem to get too interested in the NPCs like I did in that game (as far as caring about them).

Actually, I like this game so much that I won't touch GTA IV before I finish it (and I mean side missions and at least several ends)!

A bit more humour and a fully PC optimized interface would have been nice though.

I agree, the interface is a little cumbersome at times.

I'm at level 19 and one the last part of the main quest. I don't want to beat it yet because I still have a lot of locations to discover.

I love the game. I haven't been this immersed in a game since Oblivion.

I am at level 10, and I am loving every minute of this game. It's easily my game of the year.

Oblivion with guns and frickin "laser" beams, yeah! :lol:

EDIT: I just got the flamer, and I am having fun toasting the supermutants with it.

Edited by minotaur

Played it and completed it.

My thoughts....

1. Game is too short I completed it in less than a week.

2. Graphically I expected more since they did Oblivion which was grogeous to look at.

3. Very prone to crashing even when I got the latest patch from them!!!!!

Overall a good game but could have been sooo much better and made Oblivion its b***h! but they missed that one hopefully the fourth one (if they make it) will be what this one should have been.

Played it and completed it.

My thoughts....

1. Game is too short I completed it in less than a week.

2. Graphically I expected more since they did Oblivion which was grogeous to look at.

3. Very prone to crashing even when I got the latest patch from them!!!!!

Overall a good game but could have been sooo much better and made Oblivion its b***h! but they missed that one hopefully the fourth one (if they make it) will be what this one should have been.

Hey if you are annoyed with the games bugs take a little look here:

http://www.tweakguides.com/Fallout3_3.html

Also read the other pages of this guide for all the information you need to tweak this game to perform the best it can.

• 1 month later...

Ever since the latest patch I have had more frequent crashes and I can't Alt+Tab as easily. I always have to End Task.

I might reinstall tonight with the second latest patch.

I've beaten Operation Anchorage (joke easy).

• 3 weeks later...

I gotta chime in, I got Fallout about two weeks ago and have been addicted to it. It definitely feels like Oblivion in terms of gameplay, graphics are good but should be better, music is great, combat system is different. Fallout is the best game I've played since Oblivion and it's better.

is dying to start playing some of these games. i got lost planet 2 weeks ago, spent $700 on a new laptop to play it on and still cant get it playable. :realmad: i figured i would star with an older game and work my way up to the really good stuff ( like Fallout, and now Oblivion)

what are you all using for a controller ???

will the XBOX360 controller work on my PC ??

i picked up a Philips controller, but its not right at all ?? directional stick is off, up is left, left is down, its not going to be an option.

wish me luck, some day soon i hope i will get my chance to play too. :thumbup

it sounds like its going to be a blast.