Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows 98SE Size Reduction

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

ABEO

ABEO

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
I am going to install a copy of 98SE and I would like to know if anyone has mada a comprehensive list of files that are safe to delete, and files that can't be deleted.

If not I guess I will have to be NOT lazy and just experiment :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance tho :)
Americans on average eat 18 acres of pizza every day

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

dancity

dancity

Twist of Fate

• Pip
  • 76 posts

I am going to install a copy of 98SE and I would like to know if anyone has mada a comprehensive list of files that are safe to delete, and files that can't be deleted.

If not I guess I will have to be NOT lazy and just experiment :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance tho :)

One thing you already should know is Dont Touch the System and System 32 folder they have most of the files to make Windows actually run.

So thats a no no

but if you want to limit the size of Windows 98 installtion , you should go and see what actually accessories you need and you dont, So if you dont need, Paint and all that stuff and all the 98 themes installed dont, if u dont want the games there, unchceck them, only check the stuff you need that should free up some space.
YA ni

pkk

pkk

• 20 posts
98lite
http://www.98lite.net/
helps a lot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN