Limited or no Internet connection?

I can sometimes not go online with my stationary PC. When i i am connected to the internet. it come with message Limited or no Internet connection? I know the Internet connection is working ok, because talk to my intetnet service provider about it many times about i In addition, there is a yellow ? signs in Device Manager under PCI indputenhed?

PS: I am also connected to a wire Linksys router BEFSR41 Version 3.1 with latest firmware 1.05.03. I have read on some sites that version 3 or 3.1, has had alot problems. because bad firmware? My question is this : Can the PCI driver the reason i have problems with my Internet connection`?

My pc is a Dimension 4600 I can not find the driver at dells driver download site, and my support has expired 45 days ago.

Hope one of you can help me

First, find out what's causing the problem -- the router or the NIC/computer.

Does your computer have an IP then? Does it say the cable is disconnected? Does the NIC appear "normally" in device manager? Does the router reboot? Does rebooting the router solve the problem? What activity lights do you have on the NIC and router? Have you tried an spare NIC? Can any other computers connect to the web when this one can't? Have you tried a different patch cable? ...