Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

MMC on WIN 2000 Server...need help!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

buck614

buck614

Junior

• Pip
  • 63 posts
It seems like the MMC is the most confusing thing in all of WIN 2000 server. It has a snapin for just about every service on the server. However I have viewed all of the documentaion and MCSE guides, and I can't seem to find anything that provides a general description of it's functionality. You know, something that will give an overview of each snapin and provide an explanation for each service. I have literally looked everywhere. All of the Administrators I have spoken with say that they don't really use it that much. However, it seems to me that it looks like a very useful tool.
Did you hear that?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

zErO

zErO

CareFactor zErO

• PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
The (MMC) Microsoft management Console is indeed a powerful tool, I dont think that u will be able to find an article that will cover the functionality of every particular snap-in. Due to the fact that there are so many custom snap-ins that can be loaded to create a personal console.

Check this site out it gives a good overview as to the use of MMC
http://www.windowsit...405/15/toc.html
MSN Status:

buck614

buck614

Junior

• Pip
  • 63 posts
Great Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN