Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

remasters - good or bad?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

kamrananvaar

kamrananvaar
  • Members
  • 8 posts
I AM NOT GOOD WITH WORDS AND A FELLOW BLOGGER DOES A GOOD JOB OF SAYING WHAT I,D LIKE TO SAY HIS THREAD
http://www.johnlpres...ubuntu-to-mepis

SO I COPIED AND PASTE
Hi
I think its a good idea to do remasters , as i was out on the look out for a distro that JUST WORKS, I havent got the bandwidth , net connection and all to download all the rpms etc I was trying to show off Kubuntu to some friends last Tuesday, and because Kubuntu doesnít contain any proprietary software, I couldnít play MP3s or video. Needless to say, they instantly thought it was rubbish, because they, along with 99% of the population of Earth, didnít understand the whole concept of ďbuilt with free, open-source softwareĒ.This is why more people donít use Linux, itís a pain to get set up correctly. The thing that really annoys me is vendor lock-in, which is one reason why many Linux distributions use only free, open software. But itís gone so far, that now Linux is on the brink of exerting vendor lock-out. Itís this kind of behaviour from many distributions that is causing the slow down, and in some cases reversal, of Linux; people want to be able to do everything they can on Windows on Linux, with minimal fuss. Itís exactly this reason why I switched to ultimate1.7 and pclinuxos2008 he.

According to the poster of pclinuxos2008 he
Quote:
As i've mentioned, this is a distro i've made specifically for an Israeli/Hebrew user. Which is why everything is pre-included in the system, in the US it may be illegal but not in Israel. Even all our DVD Players here are region-free.

Also i'd like to note, that this has nothing to do with official PCLinuxOS, this is a PRIVATE remaster done from it, and it is not endorsed by PCLinuxOS community.

You could basically d/l PCLinuxOS 2007 and do a full update and then add the MP3/DVD and what would be the difference ?

I definately would urge newbies like myself to give it a spin also do try out ultimate 2.0 that also rocks .Most of my friends use xp black edition ie the remastered xp with all the software preinstalled , funny thing is i can get a copy of that in the local market and linux -- no , i dont think so!!

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN