Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Adobe Reader 6.0 Speedup

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Aaron

Aaron

The MSFN Banana

• Patrons
  • 5,767 posts
This batch file is based on what the Adobe Reader Speedup 1.09 app does.

Fast & Turbo Profile (both are identical for Basic version)
MD "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_insBAK"
MOVE "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_ins\*.*" "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_insBAK"
MOVE "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_ins\Annotations" "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_insBAK"
MOVE "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_ins\PictureTasks" "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_insBAK"
MOVE "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_ins\Printme" "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_insBAK"
MOVE "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_insBAK\Search.api" "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_ins"
MOVE "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_insBAK\EWH32.api" "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_ins"

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

beppemito

beppemito

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 422 posts
and for PRO version?

Aaron

Aaron

The MSFN Banana

• Patrons
  • 5,767 posts

and for PRO version?

Do you mean as in the Full version? (AdbeRdr60_enu_full.exe)

Yeah I could do, but the full version contains more additional plugins that will be moved out by the batch file, resulting in an identical Basic version...

So it makes sense to use Adobe Reader 6 Basic anyway? :)

WwTIPPYwW

WwTIPPYwW

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
I used this program -
http://www.tnk-bootb.../misc/index.php

It has a silent install option. Only thing I had to do was -

(1) I copied the files to the adobe install directory.
(2) I had to run it later in the install process, well after Acrobat was done.

All worked fine.

Diabolical82

Diabolical82

• PipPip
  • 145 posts
I Copy-n-Paste the code and saved it as adobespeedup.cmd and I wonder if that'll work?

REG ADD %KEY%\035 /VE /D "Installing Adobe Acrobat Reader" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\035 /V 1 /D "%DVDROM%\Applications\AdobeReader6\AR6.msi /QN" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\035 /V 2 /D "%DVDROM%\Applications\AdobeReader6\adobespeedup.cmd" /f

Free LCD Screen I need 5 mores refers!!!

Aaron

Aaron

The MSFN Banana

• Patrons
  • 5,767 posts
Don't see why not :)

You can always try it without having to do an unattended Windows XP installation

Diabolical82

Diabolical82

• PipPip
  • 145 posts
try it, got some error about plugin... I guess I have full edition.

prathapml

prathapml

Follow the rules please :-)

• Patrons
  • 6,791 posts
You can actually execute the Adobe Reader Speed-up itself during your uA setup (download v1.21 from the link WwTIPPYwW gives above). Only requirement is that mscomctl32.ocx must be installed/registered to run it (and you can get that from an offXP/o2k3 install).

What is worth remembering is that, when you put the AR-speedup tool onto your uA CD, see that the line that says "Enable=0" should be modified to say
Enable=1
in the file Deployment.ini (which is found within the AR-speedup folder).

I also keep an un-"Auto-Deployed" version of the Deployment.ini, retaining the line "Enable=0", so that I can replace the modified one back with the original --- so that when you again run AR-speedup in normal circumstances, it will run normally (to be able to restore the plugins).

FYI, the AR-speedup tool works fine with the Basic, full, and even with the Pro edition (Pro is the retail version - Acrobat - which allows you to create/modify PDFs).
Posted ImageCheers !!!   Donate to MSFN and Help Keep This Site Running
||Please Read the Forum Rules||  Etiquette   || Welcome to MSFN - Forum Basics || Before posting
prathapml :: MSFN Supermod :: Private Message me if you ever have a problem while at MSFN

Diabolical82

Diabolical82

• PipPip
  • 145 posts
I just downloaded basic edition cuz I don't really need all of extras... I've been looking for install switches but i'm not sure if I put the quote mark in the right place.

REG ADD %KEY%\035 /V 1 /D "%DVDROM%\Applications\AdobeReader6\AdbeRdr60_enu.exe -p"""-s /v\\""/qn\\""" /f

or

REG ADD %KEY%\035 /V 1 /D "%DVDROM%\Applications\AdobeReader6\AdbeRdr60_enu.exe -p"-s /v\"/qn\""" /f

WwTIPPYwW

WwTIPPYwW

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
i had some problems with this on my cd - I got around it by moving the execution of the speed up to much later in my apps install, and not after adobe. I think the extra time helped. I also moved the speedup prog to the adobe install dir, not sure if that helped.

WwTIPPYwW

booster

booster

Junior

• Pip
  • 63 posts

see that the line that says "Enable=0" should be modified to say

Enable=1
in the file Deployment.ini (which is found within the AR-speedup folder).

This works fine, however in the 1.28 version of AR-speedup there are some tweaks like "Disable WISPTIS.EXE" and the splash screen.. These are not enabled when running unattended.

Maybe Im doing something wrong, but is there an option to turn these tweaks on in AR-speedup ? :)

WwTIPPYwW

WwTIPPYwW

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
disabling the splash screen is a registry tweak that can be done independantly of Speedup. Just compare the regs and you'll find it. Plus you can add the reg to bypass the adobe EULA screen

booster

booster

Junior

• Pip
  • 63 posts
I know :rolleyes:

But now that AR-speedup is able to do it, I just wish it could do that unattended also.

No need to have all those reg-tweaks if one program can do the same :)

r4v3n

r4v3n

• 41 posts
Did you find out how to use the switches? I have trouble getting this right. Which one do you use?

------
I just downloaded basic edition cuz I don't really need all of extras... I've been looking for install switches but i'm not sure if I put the quote mark in the right place.

CODE 
REG ADD %KEY%\035 /V 1 /D "%DVDROM%\Applications\AdobeReader6\AdbeRdr60_enu.exe -p"""-s /v\\""/qn\\""" /f

or

CODE 
REG ADD %KEY%\035 /V 1 /D "%DVDROM%\Applications\AdobeReader6\AdbeRdr60_enu.exe -p"-s /v\"/qn\""" /f

or other?

Best regards
Niklas

Diabolical82

Diabolical82

• PipPip
  • 145 posts
r4v3n, I got your pm and sent you a reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN