Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

How do I remove Windows 7 Build 6801?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

AngelThesis

AngelThesis
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 23-November 08
So I downloaded the pre-beta, and I'm rather upset with myself XD

Long story short, I installed the OS on the same partition that Vista Home Premium is on, and I attempted to move all program files and User folders from windows.old to their respective places on Windows 7. Basically, I'm less than content with what I've done, and I'm looking for a way to remove Windows 7 and go back to my Vista Home Premium. Is there anything that can be done?? I'm so desperate!! ;_;

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

D_block

D_block

The Return of the greatest

• PipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Joined 05-May 07
well if u have ur setup cd u can always do a fresh install , why really would u install a beta though over your main OS ???
Activate yuh feelings
Press ah on switch
~ D_block ...

GTK66

GTK66

• 11 posts
  • Joined 16-August 08
You should have created another Partition for Windows 7. At this point, I would format and reinstall Vista.
Posted Image

blackhartct

blackhartct

• 15 posts
  • Joined 06-November 08
you should be able to uninstall it from add/remove programs. It should undo its install and revert your system back to the way it was when u installed 7.

Witt3439

Witt3439

Junior

• Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Joined 25-July 06

you should be able to uninstall it from add/remove programs. It should undo its install and revert your system back to the way it was when u installed 7.

Only one problem with that. Windows 7 is an OS and just as there is no uninstall option for Vista, there also is no uninstall option for 7.

At this point, a reload of Windows is probably the fastest and easiest way to take care of it.

cluberti

cluberti

Gustatus similis pullus

• Supervisor
  • 11,253 posts
  • Joined 09-September 01
It's not possible to uninstall Win7 at the moment. Moral of the story, don't install a beta over a working, non-beta OS. Dual boot or use a separate drive entirely.

[Closed].
MCTS Windows Internals, MCITP Server 2008 EA, MCTS MDT/BDD, MCSE/MCSA Server 2003, Server 2012, Windows 8
--------------------
Please read the rules before posting!
Please consider donating to MSFN to keep it up and running!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users