Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Application Switches - Contributions Only

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

Joe User 99

Joe User 99

• PipPip
  • 168 posts
Here is the breakdown for the MSN Toolbar:

If you extract the setup executable, (you can use winrar or winzip for this), you will find a file called mtbs.exe

Now if you try to pass the normal switches to that program, it gives you an error.
But what I did is try passing the switches that the Messenger 6.2 MSI uses, and sure enough, it accepts them.

So...I tried some others. Here are the ones I found so far that do anything:

(The format is <path>mtbs.exe <switch> There is no "/")

c=Uninstall but not silent

d=Launches the normal install for just the portion that sets the "Making MSN Search your default search engine..." with a check box to change language to english. Along with "Finish", "Cancel", and "Help" buttons.

e=Launches the normal install along with all dialogs, but no check boxes for make MSN default search, or set home page to MSN. (Does not set them)

f=Same as "e" from what I can tell, except it actually sets the Making MSN Search your default search engine..." even though there is no checkbox for it.

i= Launches the normal install along with all dialogs and includes check boxes to make MSN default search, and Set home page to MSN.

j=Silent Install, but also launches IE to the "Get Started" page. (Don't know yet if it sets MSN to be the default search, or not.)

t=Silent Uninstall

u=Uninstall but not silent

So for example, the install would be:

mtbs.exe j

Or what ever switch you want.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

KewlKiddo

KewlKiddo
  • 8 posts
[COLOR=blue][COLOR=blue][COLOR=blue][COLOR=blue][COLOR=blue][COLOR=blue][COLOR=blue][COLOR=blue][COL
OR=blue]Found a way to install the Ati Catalyst Drivers and also the Audigy Drivers!

Ati Catalyst
Download the Ati Catalyst from the Ati Tech...-site, execute the setup (with -R, case sensitive!) on a test-pc, or your own PC where you have the Ati Radeon GPU-equiped videocard. In the first stage of the installation it will ask you for a directory for temp-files, which aren't getting deleted after the installation. Copy the directory in your temp-dir with the Ati Catalyst-files to $OEM$\$1\Install\AtiCatalyst
Now you have to add this to your batchfile:
ECHO.
ECHO Installing Ati Catalyst!
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\AtiCatalyst\issetup.exe -s

Creative Audigy
Just copy the contents from your CD to $OEM$\$1\Install\CreativeAudigy
(the directories are: Audio, CTRun, CTShared, License, Manual, Register and Warranty. Things not written here are not needed)
Get a setup.iss the same way as you did it for the Ati Catalyst. Put it in $OEM$\$1\Install\CreativeAudigy\Audio\Setup and put this in your batch-file:
ECHO.
ECHO Installing the Creative Audigy Software and drivers!
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\CreativeAudigy\Audio\Setup\setup.exe -s
In your Audio are also seperated directories for the programs, but the setup.exe in Setup-directory will make your life much easier! Could put my setup.iss online, but we all have a different opinion about what's needed or not.

NOTE: You may already find a setup.iss in the directories where the setup.exe resides! Just overwrite it with your new one in your windows directory. At the Ati-setup, you NEED the issetup.exe from the extracted setup! The one you download is just a kind of .zip :rolleyes:

Disclaimer: If something goes wrong... I'm not responsable! :)

KewlKiddo

KewlKiddo
  • 8 posts

@ KewlKiddo

little help please

my install didn't ask for temp dir.....

but I found a windir\temp folder with 16 ati files

in it, is that the one?? do you overwrite or are they in

a folder of there own and what is it called???

sorry for the dumb questions but I've had big trouble

with this driver being silent all along........

it's the 27.8 ver right??  :)

thanks Bonedaddy

Before the real installation starts you get the C:\Ati\Support-choose options...

KewlKiddo

KewlKiddo
  • 8 posts
Sorry, my switches are incorrect, I wanna say sorry for that. However, I found a new SUCCESSFULL way for Ati Catalyst!

Extract it like described; Make a setup.iss for the Driver- and CPanel-directory!
start /wait %systemroot%\Install\AtiCatalyst\Driver\setup.exe /s
start /wait %systemroot%\Install\AtiCatalyst\CPanel\setup.exe /s

This one works for sure :rolleyes:

Wasn't able to test the WDM, since I don't own an AIW! Will post a working Audigy-setupbatch asap!

Again: Sorry for my n00bness :)

mdes

mdes

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
AutoIt 3 for Unattended installation: (CMD.EXE is required for some obscured raisons)
REG ADD %KEY%\100 /VE  /D "AutoIt 3" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\100 /V 1 /D "CMD.EXE /C%SystemDrive%\Install\AutoIt3\autoit-v3-setup.bld101.exe /S" /f
The following DOES NOT work:
REG ADD %KEY%\100 /VE  /D "AutoIt 3" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\100 /V 1 /D "%SystemDrive%\Install\AutoIt3\autoit-v3-setup.bld101.exe /S" /f

Windows XP Pro French + SP2 Many Thanks to GreenMachine XPCREATE
Michel Dessaintes (nick: mdes) FlashList for genealogy, CongésRFV for Pocket PC

Brando569

Brando569

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
Diskeeper 7 and 7SE
first extract the files to your distro folder for me its $OEM$\$1\install\applications\diskeeper and use these switches it works perfectly setup.exe /s /v"/qn REBOOT=Suppress" :)

dkreifus

dkreifus

dkreifus

• PipPip
  • 292 posts
Spybot (1.2, and 1.3)

/silent
Will display the progress during installation, but not the wizard. 
/verysilent
Even the progress will not be shown. Errors etc. would still be shown. 
/nocancel
Disables the Cancel and Close button. Useful with /silent. 
/dir="x:\dirname"
Installs into that directory instead of the default one. 
/group="folder name"
Installs into a program group of that name instead of the default one. 
/noicons
Avoids creation of any icons for the installed softwae. 
/components="comma separated list of component names"
Installs the given components instead of the default ones. Components are main, blind (icons for blind users), language (all language files) and skins.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those don't.

AztecMystic

AztecMystic

Sir Fuzznuts

• 46 posts
Daemon Tools 3.46

For the latest Daemon Tools (3.46)
After running the installer, get the .msi installer from

C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Installations\DAEMON Tools 3.46\

Or on whatever drive your installation may reside.

Then the switches are
/qn REBOOT=Suppress

This is what I added in my runonceex:

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "Daemon Tools" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\install\daemon\daemon346.msi /qn REBOOT=Suppress" /f

Winiso 5.3

I had to use the /SILENT switch in order for it to work.

arjanv

arjanv

Junior

• Pip
  • 72 posts
intel INF driver

INFINST_xxx.EXE -a -b -s

Virindi

Virindi

Junior

• Pip
  • 69 posts
Symantec Antivirus Client v8.x and 9.x -
Silent Update of Virus Definitions

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
a) Choose "Norton Antivirus Corporate" and your language here:

http://securityrespo...s.download.html

b) On the next page, select either the 2nd (ex: 20040603-023-i32.exe) or 3rd listing (the 2nd one is smaller) and save it somewhere.

c) To install the updates silently (ie - right after installing Norton Corporate v8), run the intelligent updater file with the /qn switch - like:

20040603-023-i32.exe /QN

-J

Bâshrat the Sneaky

Bâshrat the Sneaky

aka Wim Leers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

@ Bashrat

can you enlighten us? this is the method i use at the moment, works fine, so what's the difference? or are you on about the RUNLIVEUPDATE=1 switch? the reason i use virindi's method is that the computer may not be hooked up to network/internet at that point.

No I don't mean the Liveupdate option!

Copying an .xdb file
You can update any Symantec AntiVirus server or client by downloading the .xdb file from Symantec. You can also copy an .xdb file from the \SAV folder on any Symantec AntiVirus server. The modified date of the .xdb file matches the date of the virus definitions. When using this method, RTVSCAN.EXE checks for new .xdb files, and then initiates the update process. RTVSCAN.EXE checks for new .xdb files about every 10 minutes by default. Restarting (stopping and then starting) the Symantec AntiVirus Server process can be used to manually initiate the update process if you do not want to wait.

To download an .xdb file from Symantec
      1. Go to the xdb folder on the Symantec FTP site. (You can also find the file from the Symantec Security Response Virus Definitions Download Page.)
      2. Click the .xdb file with the latest date, and select "Save to disk" from the dialog box.
      3. If the .xdb file downloads with a .zip extension, remove the .zip extension by renaming the file. The file name should be similar to the following: vd12bc02.xdb
      4. Copy the .xdb file to the appropriate destination, depending on the version of Symantec AntiVirus and the operating system:
                o For NetWare servers, the default location is SYS:SAV.
                o For Windows servers, the default is C:\Program Files\SAV\.
                o For Windows 2000/XP clients, the default is C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\.
                  Note: The Application Data folder may be hidden. To show hidden and system folders, read the document How to show hidden files and protected operating system files in Windows.
                o For Windows NT 4.0 clients, the default is C:\WinNT\Profiles\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\.
                o For Windows 98/Me clients, the default is C:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec AntiVirus\.

Automatically updating definitions using the .xdb file
      Symantec provides a batch file that you can schedule to update the definitions with the latest .xdb file. This batch file automatically downloads and extracts the latest .xdb file from a statically named executable (Navup8.exe), and copies the .xdb file to the appropriate location. For more information, read the document How to automatically update Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 8.x definitions without using LiveUpdate.

http://service1.syma...002103012571948

Why is this better than both?

better than intelligent update: not manual
better than liveupdate: daily updates, liveupdate weekly, sometimes more

my2001

my2001

• PipPip
  • 260 posts
How to install the program "OnlineCounter 2004" silently?!

1.) Unpack the original installation package which you downloaded from the homepage before into a new folder. (This can be done with Winrar for example.) As a result there'll be a new setup.exe and some cab-files.

2.) Just call this setup.exe and use the following command line: "setup.exe /s log.txt"

Hints:
- The /s-switch will perform an unattended installation and a small log-file will be created in the same directory as the setup.exe.

- If you want to change the default installation directory, just edit the file "Setup.lst" according your needs.

- Obviously there's no official way to suppress the display of the installation routine while performing the installation. But at least one can suppress dialog boxes.

- If an error occurs during installation, you're displayed an error message and the installation process in no longer silent.

- If there are any problems, just open the "log.txt" from above and you may find out what went wrong.

Another stuff:
- OnlineCounter is a very nice German program for recording your online-times and keep an eye on your online-budget.

- This posting doesn't include how to set up the registry keys and so on.

jlllf

jlllf
  • 1 posts
HI GUYS here is my START.CMD,, new aplications

regards JL :)

Installing GetDiz v2.6 NFO VIEWER
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\nfo\setup.exe /s

Installing Kazaa Clean KMD v 2.44
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\kazaa\cleankmd244.exe /silent

Installing Yahoo Pops 0.6
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\yahoopops\yahoopops-win-0.6.exe /s /v /qn

Installing Opera v7.51 Final
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\opera751\ow32enen751.exe /s
copy "%systemdrive%\Install\opera751\OUsr600.dat" "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Opera75"

Edited so that it includes just possible new ones. We don't need the whole file, just the application and switches. - Alanoll

Daniel304

Daniel304

• 12 posts
Norton Antivirus Prof 2004.
Switch: /qn
Full syntax: Setup.exe /qn /Reboot=Suppress
Extraction needed: ?

PRoblem yet is the activation

scoult01

scoult01

Junior

• Pip
  • 63 posts
DVD Region Free 5.01

Executable: DVDRegionFree50.exe
Switches: /VERYSILENT /SP-

eg. d:\Applications\Installs\DVDRegionFree50.exe /VERYSILENT /SP-

Neat little program too :)

Jjazz

Jjazz

• 40 posts
Hi everybody,

A easy one :)

Change the content af Abcpy.ini as discribed below:

[MAIN]
Product=Adobe(R) Reader(R) 6.0
AbcpyVersion=2.0

[OEM Install]
INSTALLDIR=c:\a directory\for your reader\Acrobat 6.0
ALLOW_LOCKDOWN_BROWSE=YES
ALLOW_LOCKDOWN_MEDIA=YES
ARPHELPLINK=
ARPHELPTELEPHONE=
ARPNOMODIFY=
;ARPNOMODIFY=YES disables the "Change" button in Add/Remove Programs

[Launches]
MyLaunch1=NO

[MyLaunch1]
TYPE=
PROGRAM=
COMMANDLINE=
CHANGEDIR=
WAIT=
PLATFORM=

Create an Acrobat.reg registry file:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;Accept Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0.1 EULA
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\6.0\AdobeViewer]
"EULA"=dword:00000001
"TrustedMode"=dword:00000000

;Disable Adobe Acrobat Reader Splash screen
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\6.0\Originals]
"bDisplayAboutDialog"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\6.0]
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\6.0\AVGeneral]
@=""
"iConnectionSpeed"=dword:00989680

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\6.0\Updater]
@=""
"iUpdateFrequency"=dword:00000000

Execute the command:

regedit /S acrobat.reg

and finally run :

msiexec /i \"%systemdrive%\Apps\Acrobat\Adobe Reader 6.0.1 - Français.msi\" /qb"

@+

Jj

The Vamp Lestat

The Vamp Lestat
  • 2 posts
K-Lite codec Pack
Guide for creating a custom silent installation for one of the K-Lite codec packs

STEP 1: Create a file called silent.inf with the following contents:

[Setup]
Lang=en
Dir=C:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack
Group=K-Lite Codec Pack
NoIcons=0
Components=mpclassic, divxdec, divx, xviddec, xvid, 3ivxdec, 3ivx, wmv, vp3, vp6dec, indeo, indeo4, indeo32, msmpeg4, mp3audio, wmaaudio, ac3audio, oggvorbis, aac, musepack, voxware, ape, mp3lame, gspot, fourcc, disg400, disffdshow

Dir is the path of the destination folder. If you leave out this line, then it will install into the default folder.
Group is the name of the program group that will be created in your startmenu. If you leave out this line, then it will use the default groupname.
When you set NoIcons to 1, then no group will be created in your startmenu.
Components is a comma-separated list of the components that you want to be installed. If you leave out this line, then it will use the default settings for the components list.

Note: The reason why the settings.inf file is used is because command line calls are limited to 256 characters. And because of the long components list that will lead to problems when you include the components parameter in the command line call.

STEP 2: Put the silent.inf file in the same folder as the installer

STEP 3: Now you can perform a silent installation with the following command line call:
INSTALLERFILENAME /silent /loadinf=".\silent.inf"

PS. the full list of component names for the various packages can be found on http://www.k-litecodecpack.com/ --> tips & tricks section

Greets, Lestat

squallgreg

squallgreg

Junior

• Pip
  • 81 posts
I dont know if those 3 have been found before :) :

MSN Messenger 6 without extraction
SetupDl.exe /Q /C /T:%systemdrive%\Install
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\MsnMsgs.msi /qb
PDF Creator 0.8 GNU script version
PDFCreator-0_8_0_GNUGhostscript.exe /silent
Emule 0.42 installer version
eMule0.42g-Installer.exe /S

Marticus

Marticus

• 10 posts
Here are a few things which have not been noted:

Gaim 0.78 http://gaim.sourcefo...win32/index.php (grab the build without gtk+ and also the gtk runtime installer. Install gtk first.)

- gtk-runtime-2.2.4-rev-d.exe /S
- gaim-0.78-no-gtk.exe /S

And for gaim spell check support using aspell:
Aspell Win32 http://aspell.net/win32/
Aspell English Dictionary: [Removed]

- Aspell-0-50-3-3-Setup.exe /silent
- Aspell-en-0.50-2-3.exe /silent

Note: This is not the original installer for the english module. The original sucks and has no silent install. In fact, it is a wrapper to an installer that does have the silent option, but you have to do much to get it working the way you want. So, I re-wrote the installer. The source can be found in Aspell-en-0.50-2-3-Marticus.zip at the above URL. I hope it works for you.

More to come...

Edited by Marticus, 24 April 2007 - 11:17 AM.

Marticus

Marticus

• 10 posts
Regarding Bastian's December post on installing PuTTY, using the /SP- switch as mentioned on the same page he linked will skip the question. There is no need for the autoit script. The application was packaged using Inno's software, and thus all of these switches are supported: /sp- /silent /norestart

Installing PuTTY:
- putty-0.54-installer.exe /sp- /silent

http://unattended.so...installers.html

Also note /verysilent does not incorporate /norestart as is proven in the case of FilZip 3.0.1 which -does- require a reboot. Use /sp- /silent /norestart instead.

Notes on Inno switches by GnuWin32 team:
http://gnuwin32.sour....net/setup.html

ravashaak

ravashaak

Dirty Dolphin

• PipPip
  • 162 posts
GhostScript & GhostView

These two have given me fits for awhile now. However, I think I have finally discovered and bypassed the underlying problem. Although there is probably a better solution than mine, it has thus far worked reliably.

Note: the following procedure is the same for both programs

STEP 1: Use a program such as WinZip to extract the contents of the exe file to a
directory of your choosing.

STEP 2: Change directories (cd\ command) to the root of the drive on which the
program is to be installed.

STEP 3: Change directories to the location of your program setup file.

STEP 4: Call your program setup file followed by the install path.

Changing directories to the actual location of the program setup file before invoking the setup file seems to be the key. If you use the same exact syntax but do not first cd to the proper directory(instead invoking it with path included), the program setup begins, but errors out complaining about failing to open "filelist.txt". For some reason, cd'ing to the directory of the setup file before invoking the setup, seems to do the trick.

ECHO Installing GhostScript
ECHO Please wait...
cd\
cd install\applications\ghostscript
start /wait setupgs.exe %systemdrive%\gs
ECHO.

ECHO Installing GhostView
ECHO Please wait...
cd\
cd install\applications\ghostview
start /wait setup.exe %systemdrive%\gv
ECHO.

- Ravashaak
This is my signature...you like it or what?

jrzycrim

jrzycrim

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts
Agent Ransack 1.7.3 free file searching utility

This uses the Inno setup. Refer to this page for other switches:
http://gnuwin32.sour....net/setup.html

agentran.exe /sp- /verysilent

Although this is a free program, you can register it through their website.

Registry Entries for Registration:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Agent_EXE]
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Agent_EXE\Agent Ransack]
"RegFirstName"="First Name"
"RegLastName"="Last Name"
"RegCode"="********"

Jim Roberts

"Knowledge is chimera, for beyond it ever lies other knowledge, and the incompleteness of what is known renders the knowing false."

FrankE9999

FrankE9999

• PipPip
  • 115 posts
iISystem Wiper v2.3
http://www.iisoftwar....php?clean.html
clean.exe /verysilent /norestart

MRU-Blaster v1.5
http://www.wildersse...mrublaster.html
mrublastersetup.exe /verysilent /norestart

CRAP CLEANER v1.11.062
http://www.ccleaner.com/
ccsetup111.exe /S

Index.dat Suite v2.6.0
http://www.it-mate.c...te_download.asp
idsuite.exe /VERYSILENT

PC Wizard 2004 v1.632
http://www.cpuid.com/pcw.php
pcw2004_v163.exe /verysilent

Visual CD v 1.8
http://boozet.xepher.net/
viscd180.exe /verysilent

CDBurnerXP Pro v2.2.9
http://www.cdburnerxp.se/download.php
download cdburnerxppro.exe
o run the install
o When the first dialog appears go to the %TEMP% folder and look for a folder which contains "CDBurnerXP Pro.msi"
o Copy all the files in this folder to a different folder and cancel the install
msiexec /i "CDBurnerXP Pro.msi" ALLUSERS=2 /qn
With 7zip you can build a sfx executable and compress this down the 10MB

FileZilla v2.2.7b
http://sourceforge.n...jects/filezilla
FileZilla_2_2_7b_setup.exe /S

DeepBurner 1.1.1.128
http://www.deepburner.com/
DeepBurner1.exe /S

AM-DeadLink v2.00
http://fileforum.bet...3?fid=976700422
dlsetup.exe /S

IsoBuster V1.6
http://www.smart-pro....net/isobuster/
IsoBuster.exe /VERYSILENT /SP-
pskill IsoBuster
(download pskill from www.sysinternals.com)

Remote Desktop Connection W2K Install (Not required for XP)
http://www.microsoft.../rdclientdl.asp
msiexec /i msrdpcli.msi /qb

ieSpell - A Spell Checker for Internet Explorer
http://www.iespell.com/
ieSpellSetup201325.exe /S

The game

The game

• 31 posts
switch for Gunbound 3.06
http://www.gunbound.net

gunbound_gis_306.exe /silent

`Felix`

`Felix`

MSFN Contributor

• PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
Hi there all,

XoftSpySetup344.exe /SP- /VERYSILENT

:)

Cheers,
Felix
"I seek not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions."
- Kwai Chang Caine.

Want to setup your default user/all users unattended install easy? - Simplify iT - GuidesCheers,
FeLiX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN