Windows Vista Enterprise

oviradoi

Hello. I have downloaded Windows Vista Business from MSDNAA, i get a free license because I am a student.

Now I see that they have also added Windows Vista Enterprise to MSDNAA.

I have been looking everywhere to see what difference there is between the two editions, but I came up with almost nothing.

Can anyone tell me the differences between the Business and Enterprise editions of Windows Vista?

@weEvil

I read the Wikipedia Windows Vista entry with interest but I did not see the table you mentioned.

@oviradoi

I can't say with certainty this is true for Vista as well, but for Windows XP, the Enterprise editions did not require activation through Microsoft. I do know that the same Vista Ultimate Enterprise disk can be used to install Vista on different brand machines without needing activation, so I would assume the behavior is similar. From my (limited) experience, their are no other noticable differences between Enterprise editions and standard editions of the same level (i.e. Vista Ultimate non-Enterprise vs. Vista Ultimate Enterprise). If this is not accurate, someone here who knows all of the details please be kind enough to share your knowledge with us all, as I would like to know as well.

Edited by comcc

I can only judge from trying Vista 64 ultimate or whatever the one step lower type is... And that is bad enough :)

Vista is not like its predecessors. Its designed to use more memory.

I had it on a CoreDuo T2080 laptop with 1GB of memory. It was a dog. As soon as I upgraded the memory to 2GB it made all the difference.

I also compared it to XP SP3 on the same laptop. Although it uses more memory, it is much more responsive and most operations like copy, cut & paste, compressing are either just as fast or a little faster. There are benchmarks done which you can find on the net which support my claims.

Try it yourself. Get a computer with at least 2GB of DDR2, and an Athlon X2 or a Core2Duo. Something new-ish.

Install XP64, then Vista 64. You will be surprised at the results.