help:running programs under limited user account

hamohd70

i installed winxp + all needed programs using my unattended CD with only one administrator account created. I then created an additional account from within windows as a limited user account.

i found that some programs do not run as expected under the limited user account.example :

i use Orbit downloader as my download manager and works fine in administrator account but refuses to download under limited user account even though it is running.

my question is : why is this happening ? and how can solve this for all programs now or my future unattended CDs ?

Thankx

you should probably state whether you are running windows xp HOME or PRO because the solutions will be different for each version.

I believe what you are requiring makes use of the Group Policy Editor, but I couldn't advise you how.

Well, the fact is some programs are just written to assume the user is an administrative user. You could run process monitor whilst trying to use the software (you'll have to runas process monitor) and see what kinds of Access Denied messages you see, and to what registry key(s) or file system folder(s) they are to.

You can try to loosen permissions to get these apps to run, or replace them with ones that run under a limited user account.