First, spec's:

Intel quad core 2.4 ghz

6 gig pc-6400 DDR2

Asus P5N-D

GeForce 280GTX

Dual 24" Acer monitors

Win vista x64 Ultimate

GeForce 180.48 drivers (latest)

I have an annoying issue with being unable to move my windows around to any point on either screen that i want to place them at....i drag then to the location I desire and let go of the mouse button and the window will snap to a random area, nowhere near where I wanted it. If i move the windows about an inch at a time i can get them to place properly but that is very annoying...any ideas?

What happens when you're using the basic/classic interface? If it only happens under aero, then it's a driver draw issue.

Note that I also see this when people have multi-mon setups, but have one (or more) monitors with negative pixel information (pixel 0,0 should be assigned to the leftmost-monitor in the setup). It is pretty rare, but I've seen it.

What happens when you're using the basic/classic interface? If it only happens under aero, then it's a driver draw issue.

Note that I also see this when people have multi-mon setups, but have one (or more) monitors with negative pixel information (pixel 0,0 should be assigned to the leftmost-monitor in the setup). It is pretty rare, but I've seen it.

I don't really know what you mean here....where would i look for this? nvidia control panel doesn't seem to have anything like that?

I checked the mouse properties and "snap to" is unchecked

I don't really know what you mean here....where would i look for this? nvidia control panel doesn't seem to have anything like that?

I checked the mouse properties and "snap to" is unchecked

Right-click the desktop, choose personalize. Then choose the Windows Classic theme.

• 4 weeks later...