problem in switching languages

amhawal

Hi ..

I have nootbook FUJITSU SIEMENS Amilo Pro V3505 , windows xp en sp3 , my input languages are English - Arabic ,

my problem i can't change between input lang. when i press left ALT+SHIFT it do nothing or right also after i shutdwon pc 2 or 3 times it back ok without any problem .. this problem happen sometimes and some times no ..

i'm ready for answer any questions.

i will go crazy if i didn't know how i can solve this problem.

When it does not work, can you check your keyboard (hardware), for instance using alt+tab to switch programs. Obviously you'd know how to test the left shift key.

Can it be that you use different profiles and that in one of them there is ony one language installed, or 2 languages but with the same keyboard layout,... or one language with 2 keyboard layouts ? Can you display the language bar to check if it really doesn't change ?

Some more basics; the language for a given program is set when it starts, so for instance changing the language in Notepad will not change it in Internet Explorer if that one was opened before and you come back to it.

Intermittent problems are annoying. :D

If you have at least two programs running and Alt+Tab doesn't switch programs, I think you should check the warranty of your notebook for a keyboard replacement. If it's intermittent, be sure nothing is blocking the "Alt key", like crums or such.